Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iPodNN this week
This week, a major Belgian music retailer announced a partnership with Apple's iTunes Music Store, and said it would offer its customers 20 free iTunes downloads to help introduce them to the service. The following day, iTunes was ranked the No. 1 music service in Germany by the Financial Times. Industry analysts said on Tuesday that Verizon Wireless' new V Cast Music Service--which leverages Microsoft technology--will present a challenge to iTunes. Wednesday, word spread that iTunes UK is now offering music from all of this year's Brit award nominees, with albums from each artist available for purchase at the store. News came Thursday that Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld will close New York Fashion Week on February 10th with his Fall/Winter '06 line, to be made available as a Podcast via the iTunes Music Store. That same day, a new service emerged allowing artists to publish their own tracks and albums on the iTMS, as well as RealNetworks' Rhapsody service without the need for record labels and without giving up their rights of ownership.
MacNN this week
This week, Apple began offering a variety of PowerBook G4, iMac G5, and Power Mac G5 refurbs at lowered prices. The company on Tuesday also lowered prices on its larger 20-inch iMac G5 by $200, while leaving the price on its low-end 17-inch iMac G5 untouched. Thursday the tech giant began offering discounted models of its iBooks and iMac G5 alongside Amazon, including the refurbished 1.33GHz 12-inch iBook G4 for $800 from the Apple Store. Apple is set to open its newest retail store in the US this Saturday, and is reportedly planning new stores in Virginia and Connecticut. Thursday the company put out a call to professional photographers, seeking help with its RAW imaging program Aperture by requesting that professionals submit RAW image files for testing. Friday, Apple signed a deal for the entire 116,830-square-foot building at 10400-10450 Ridgeview Court in Cupertino and applied for a touch-screen gesture patent, extending a similar patent application filed in July of 2004.
When it comes to music on the go, consumers generally have some options to consider when looking for the best experience. While Blueto ...Pure Jongo T2 wireless speaker
Multi-room audio compatibility is a key metric for wireless sound systems these days. The entry cost into a house-spanning system can ...Logitech Z213 multimedia speakers
Desktop computer speakers sit in a weird area of limbo: many consumers have forgone the era of desktop listening for the privacy and v ...
10 Most Discussed
- Oregon Apple Store 'slur' incident being investigated - 29 replies
- Opinion: Why the Apple iWatch will succeed (Part 1) - 17 replies
- Opinion: Hachette and Amazon fight, who loses? - 12 replies
- Atlantic Magazine notes trend to Chromebooks in schools - 12 replies
- Jobs wanted to make shared Wi-Fi standard, report says - 11 replies
- T-Mobile announces plan to throttle those abusing 'unlimited' data - 11 replies
- Judge rejects proposed $324.5M anti-poaching case settlement - 11 replies
- NewerTech accessory fools 'headless' Mac minis into turning on GPU - 9 replies
- Disney latest victim of Amazon DVD pre-order denial - 8 replies
- Apple issues diversity report, promises better gender/racial balance - 8 replies