Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iPodNN this week
This week, a major Belgian music retailer announced a partnership with Apple's iTunes Music Store, and said it would offer its customers 20 free iTunes downloads to help introduce them to the service. The following day, iTunes was ranked the No. 1 music service in Germany by the Financial Times. Industry analysts said on Tuesday that Verizon Wireless' new V Cast Music Service--which leverages Microsoft technology--will present a challenge to iTunes. Wednesday, word spread that iTunes UK is now offering music from all of this year's Brit award nominees, with albums from each artist available for purchase at the store. News came Thursday that Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld will close New York Fashion Week on February 10th with his Fall/Winter '06 line, to be made available as a Podcast via the iTunes Music Store. That same day, a new service emerged allowing artists to publish their own tracks and albums on the iTMS, as well as RealNetworks' Rhapsody service without the need for record labels and without giving up their rights of ownership.
MacNN this week
This week, Apple began offering a variety of PowerBook G4, iMac G5, and Power Mac G5 refurbs at lowered prices. The company on Tuesday also lowered prices on its larger 20-inch iMac G5 by $200, while leaving the price on its low-end 17-inch iMac G5 untouched. Thursday the tech giant began offering discounted models of its iBooks and iMac G5 alongside Amazon, including the refurbished 1.33GHz 12-inch iBook G4 for $800 from the Apple Store. Apple is set to open its newest retail store in the US this Saturday, and is reportedly planning new stores in Virginia and Connecticut. Thursday the company put out a call to professional photographers, seeking help with its RAW imaging program Aperture by requesting that professionals submit RAW image files for testing. Friday, Apple signed a deal for the entire 116,830-square-foot building at 10400-10450 Ridgeview Court in Cupertino and applied for a touch-screen gesture patent, extending a similar patent application filed in July of 2004.
The list of gaming devices is growing larger with each passing day. A large number of companies have entered the gaming input arena, a ...Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS
Every computer with a microphone or headphone port has one -- a digital to analog converter (DAC). There are nearly as many chipsets a ...D-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 19 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies