updated 11:25 am EST, Fri January 20, 2006
Apps: Nuvvo, Simon
- xGestures 1.4 ($5) is a mouse gestures suite for Mac OS X, allowing the user to perform actions using quick mouse movements. For use with Mozilla Foxfire and Opera, xGestures also works with every program and all aspects of Mac OS X. The new version includes better integration with Tiger and a variety of new actions that can be triggered by mouse gestures. [Download - 1.27MB]
- Nuvvo (free) is a free, on-demand, e-learning platform that gives users the ability to teach courses online for free, with tools for content creation and integrated e-commerce. Nuvvo is now integrated with iCal, allowing the user to create and monitoriCal format feeds. Developed on PowerMacs and PowerBooks, Nuvvo is Safari-friendly and includes many Mac-centered features.
- Simon 2.1.1 ($15-100) is a site monitoring tool for Mac OS X that checks websites for changes or failures, and notifies the user via email, sound, speech, and HTML reports. Version 2.1.1 is a bug fix, with new templates, several new optional columns for the tests table, a new duplicate command to make adding tests easier, an overhaul of the monitor window, pie charts of successes and failures, new status menu, and more. [Download - 3.7MB]
- MySync 0.7 (beta) provides the Mac-to-Mac syncing capabilities of .Mac, without .Mac. MySync features automatic detection of other MySync nodes on the users network using Bonjour, password authentication, keep-alive connections, an emergency data restore facility, remote syncing, SSL encryption, Growl compatibility, and more. It requires Mac OS X Tiger, and is currently in public beta. [Download - 972k]
- Diet Sleuth 4.4 ($35) is a nutritional database and personal health logbook for Mac and Windows. Diet Sleuth allows the user to keep track of what foods they eat each day and their nutritional values. It adds the ability to generate reports in Comma Separated Values (CSV) format, allowing import into spreadsheets and other programs. [Download - 2.7MB]
- iFlash 2.7 ($13) is a virtual flash-card program built for Mac OS X. New features are the added flash-card printing and vertical centering to the card show, and iFlash is now a Universal Binary, and runs natively on the new Intel Macs. iFlash includes audio and image support, built-in memorization tracking, the iFlash Deck Library, and more. [Download - 2.2MB]