updated 04:35 pm EST, Wed January 18, 2006
Unity, ReelBean, inkBook
- Unity 1.2.1 ($250) is a free update to the 3D authoring package that adds support for USB Overdrive mice, improves stability of games running on Microsoft Windows, adds support for some old graphics cards, and fixes a few rare bugs. The software allows developers to create 3D games with animated characters and graphics as a standalone application, a dashboard widget, or for the web. A new framework uses Unity’s shading engine to make real-time full-screen graphics effects.
- ReelBean 0.70 (free) updates the media converter and player, adding a new window that can display or edit movie annotations. Text data can be associated with movie files while some fields are used by Spotlight as search criteria, enabling the application to include movie files in search results that match the text data associated with the movie. The update also offers user-interface improvements, adds better identification of video/audio codecs, and includes several minor bug fixes. [Download - 764KB]
- Alarm Clock Pro 7.5.4 ($20) updates the digital alarm software, adding an Apply/Cancel/OK button to the alarm editor, as well as the ability to send a command to the modem. Version 7.5.4 can auto-fill information from Apple Mail for its send email option, and can email attachments. Additional enhancements include full keyboard access compatibility, an added timer alarm-type for all alarms, and support for "wake from sleep" for Mac OS X 10.2 and 10.3. [Download - 5.8MB]
- Password Retriever 5.1.1 ($20) secures usernames, passwords, credit card numbers, receipts, and other sensitive information in a customizable database featuring up to 448-bit Blowfish encryption. The update provides a new disk image for Mac OS X, sets the load field option in the service window, and automatically saves changes. Password Retriever 5.1.1 offers clearer update instructions, the ability to save a copy, and can randomly generate passwords from the service windows. [Download - 4.5MB]
- Package Toolkit 1.1.2 ($300) updates the USPS shipping assistant, adding sample files for AppleScript import and export automation of shipping data from external systems. Version 1.1.2 offers additional interface enhancements based on over a year of user feedback, and integrates UPS OnLine Tools directly into a FileMaker Pro 7/8 compatible database. Direct hardware support allows weights to be captured via Mettler-Toledo PS 60 or Fairbanks Ultegra digital scales, and labels can be output to Zebra/Eltron thermal printers or any laser printer.
- inkBook 1.2.0 ($20) brings Intel-Mac compatibility to the free-form, Ink-enabled note taking application built for use with Apple's Inkwell handwriting recognition system. Users take notes on a familiar spiral notebook surface with a tablet and pen, after which Inkwell attempts to recognize the notes. Version 1.2.0 improves stroke recognition, fixes a failure to save some images, and remedies a potential drawing corruption of ink when loading a file. [Download - 972KB]