updated 01:55 pm EST, Thu December 1, 2005
QuickCRC MacOSX, MindMap
- ($300) is designed to aid responsibility-driven design of object-oriented software. CRC cards are used to discover, collect and document class information such as responsibilities, attributes, and collaborations between classes. CRC cards are popular among developers using agile development methods, or as a front-end to UML.
- Screentime for Flash 3.1 ($200) converts Macromedia Flash SWF files into screen savers, and packages them into customized one-click installers. Version 3.1 adds support for Flash 8 and includes more than 50 custom "STF" functions. The software touts the ability to download files, set custom wallpapers, read, write, copy and delete files, detect if a computer is connected to the internet, and more.
- MindMap 4.0.1 ($100) updates the brainstorming tool that uses standard mind mapping techniques to help organize ideas and tasks, adding a large set of task-specific templates. Version 4.0.1 adds approximately 53 new templates.
- Yasu 1.3.5 (unknown) is a Cocoa application wrapper built with AppleScript Studio that allows users to run various system-level Unix shell scripts to perform maintenance routines and clear the various cache files used by Mac OS X. The software is designed to do a specific group of maintenance tasks quickly within a few clicks, rather than needing to endlessly type shell script commands in the Terminal application. [Download - 783KB]
- DiscBlaze 6.0.3 ($30) updates the CD/DVD burning software for Mac OS X, adding new preferences for customizing the user interface. Version 6.0.3 includes bug fixes, as well as updated online help. [Download - 542KB]
- Cocoa UltraSMS 1.0 (free) is a utility for extracting SMS messages from a mobile phone into a simple MySQL database for use within personal applications and websites. Cocoa UltraSMS includes the SMS Framework, as well as Growl support. [Download - 1.9MB]