Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Madonna tops iTunes
Madonna's new "Confessions On A Dance Floor" album debuted at the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Top 200 charts in the US as well as in 24 other countries and holds many of the top spots on Apple's iTunes. Three different configurations of "Confessions On A Dance Floor" are currently holding three out of four top downloads spots at Apple's iTunes Music store, while "Hung Up" is also No. 1 on iTunes overall singles chart. Altogether, the iTunes Music store sales represents nearly 10 percent of Madonna's overall CD sales, according to Warner Brothers. With sales of over 350,000 units in the U.S. alone, "Confessions On A Dance Floor," joins Madonna's two previous albums, "Music" and "American Life," as her third straight number one debut.
iTunes in Japan
Apple's iTunes Music Store in Japan has helped accelerate the acceptance of the digital music in Japan. Macworld UK reports that the launch of iTunes Music Store in Japan helped more than double the number of songs purchased online during the third quarter of the year compared to the previous quarter, according to figures released by the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ) today. The association said there were 2.3 million downloads from Internet-based music stores during the July to September quarter. In the first and second quarters of this year downloads totalled 1.1 million and 1.0 million respectively, according to the RIAJ figures, which have only been available from this year." The report notes that the numbers represent "downloads," which are submitted by major digital music portals, so the number of songs--which are combined in a single "download" during an album purchase--may actually be greater.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple Music launch cripples Home Sharing, alters iTunes Match - 17 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 11 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 10 replies
- Comment: An independent artist's view on Apple Music - 9 replies
- Universal issues first full 'Steve Jobs' movie trailer - 9 replies
- Apple updates OS X to 10.10.4; includes networking, Mail, Photos fixes - 8 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Hands On: iTunes 12.2.0 (OS X) - 7 replies
- Editorial: Pardon? You don't like Apple Music? - 7 replies