Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Madonna tops iTunes
Madonna's new "Confessions On A Dance Floor" album debuted at the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Top 200 charts in the US as well as in 24 other countries and holds many of the top spots on Apple's iTunes. Three different configurations of "Confessions On A Dance Floor" are currently holding three out of four top downloads spots at Apple's iTunes Music store, while "Hung Up" is also No. 1 on iTunes overall singles chart. Altogether, the iTunes Music store sales represents nearly 10 percent of Madonna's overall CD sales, according to Warner Brothers. With sales of over 350,000 units in the U.S. alone, "Confessions On A Dance Floor," joins Madonna's two previous albums, "Music" and "American Life," as her third straight number one debut.
iTunes in Japan
Apple's iTunes Music Store in Japan has helped accelerate the acceptance of the digital music in Japan. Macworld UK reports that the launch of iTunes Music Store in Japan helped more than double the number of songs purchased online during the third quarter of the year compared to the previous quarter, according to figures released by the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ) today. The association said there were 2.3 million downloads from Internet-based music stores during the July to September quarter. In the first and second quarters of this year downloads totalled 1.1 million and 1.0 million respectively, according to the RIAJ figures, which have only been available from this year." The report notes that the numbers represent "downloads," which are submitted by major digital music portals, so the number of songs--which are combined in a single "download" during an album purchase--may actually be greater.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 8 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies