Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Madonna tops iTunes
Madonna's new "Confessions On A Dance Floor" album debuted at the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Top 200 charts in the US as well as in 24 other countries and holds many of the top spots on Apple's iTunes. Three different configurations of "Confessions On A Dance Floor" are currently holding three out of four top downloads spots at Apple's iTunes Music store, while "Hung Up" is also No. 1 on iTunes overall singles chart. Altogether, the iTunes Music store sales represents nearly 10 percent of Madonna's overall CD sales, according to Warner Brothers. With sales of over 350,000 units in the U.S. alone, "Confessions On A Dance Floor," joins Madonna's two previous albums, "Music" and "American Life," as her third straight number one debut.
iTunes in Japan
Apple's iTunes Music Store in Japan has helped accelerate the acceptance of the digital music in Japan. Macworld UK reports that the launch of iTunes Music Store in Japan helped more than double the number of songs purchased online during the third quarter of the year compared to the previous quarter, according to figures released by the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ) today. The association said there were 2.3 million downloads from Internet-based music stores during the July to September quarter. In the first and second quarters of this year downloads totalled 1.1 million and 1.0 million respectively, according to the RIAJ figures, which have only been available from this year." The report notes that the numbers represent "downloads," which are submitted by major digital music portals, so the number of songs--which are combined in a single "download" during an album purchase--may actually be greater.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- New Foxconn robots too imprecise for Apple products, report claims - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies