updated 01:45 pm EDT, Fri October 21, 2005
Smart Crash Reports
- (free) is an enhancement to Apple's CrashReporter application, allowing third-party developers to register products which produce a crash log after a crash that is sent to the developer, as well as Apple. New features include Dutch, French, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish localization as well as a Mac OS version check for the Install API. [Download - 374KB]
- Film Effects 2.5.1 Demo ($100) is a plug-in package for Final Cut Pro, offering greater control over how video looks. Film Effects is based around a high quality 60i to 24p simulation plug-in, and includes over 20 preset looks -- each completely configurable -- with eight additional plug-ins to help make video more "filmic". [Download - 1.8MB]
- Factory Tools 1.0.1 ($500) is a suite of products for creating, applying and sharing special effects for the Avid AVX architecture. New features include Altivec velocity engine optimizations for better performance on current PowerPC systems, EPS/PDF file support via input source remapping, save/restore capability for effect parameters via presets, and the ability to apply a drop shadow to the output of any effect. [Download - 8.6MB]
- Shrook 2.4 ($25) is an RSS and Atom news reader with automatic synchronization, as well as online access through the shrook.com web interface. Version 2.4 supports categorizing incoming news items utilizing the same Bayesian statistical filtering methods used by Apple Mail's junk mail filter. [Download - 1.1MB]
- Tracktion 188.8.131.52 ($150) updates the music production software to support French, German, and Spanish languages. Other improvements include a new render track dialog, new group soloing functionality, custom naming of audio outputs, and several bug fixes.
- DxO Optics Pro 3.5 automatically enhances images produced by digital single-lens reflex (Digital-SLR) cameras and their lenses. The new optical quality improvement algorithms preserve up to 40 percent more image surface when eliminating geometric distortion, extend the removal of unwanted color fringes, provide an increased level of image detail, and enable user-defined cropping.