updated 11:15 am EDT, Wed October 19, 2005
iPod Updater, Awaken
- (free) includes new iPod Software 1.0 for iPod video. The update offers no improvements for all other iPod models over iPod Updater 2005-09-23. The update is available via Software Update, or the web with a (free) Apple ID.
- A Better Finder Rename 7 ($40), available as a public beta, updates the Finder enhancement software to take advantage of the Cocoa application framework, and supports combining numerous different rename actions into a single rename. A Better Finder Rename shortens the tedious and time-consuming process of renaming multiple files in the Finder.
- Awaken 2.1 ($9) is a digital alarm clock that wakes you up by playing the iTunes playlist of your choice. New features include an redesigned user interface to match the iTunes 6 style, a date/time display, alarm notes to display custom messages with alarms, a preferences window with volume control, volume fade in for alarms, volume fade out for the sleep timer, and more. [Download - 1.8MB]
- CCLims 1.0 ($2,500) manages all facets of a cell culture laboratory's records, offering a comprehensive transactions log that maintains lists of all subcultures, freezes, and thaws along with all growing conditions and a complete procedure listing. The CCLims has a unique frozen cells log that tracks frozen cells throughout a laboratory's full complement of freezers and dewars.
- Inquisitor 2.0 (donationware) is an instant search extension for Safari, combining as-you-type instant search, search term prediction, and multiple-engine searching in a refined interface. Version 2.0 offers integration with Safari, faster speed, higher quality results, and a customizable interface.
- MenuControl 3 for FileMaker 8 ($60) includes an entire suite of menu and security functions not found in the default FileMaker 8 installation. Advanced custom menu features include modification of the default FileMaker main menu or creation of your own menu sets, customization of context menus for fields/layouts/files, creation of pop-up menus with cascading sub-menus, changing of specific menu items on-the-fly, and more.