updated 10:55 am EDT, Wed September 28, 2005
- (free) reverse engineers data points from graphs, typically from scanned publications, saving the resulting coordinates. DataThief III, written in Java, is capable of tracing any more-or-less continuous line (even when the line crosses itself) and can convert data from numeric format to any other format (such as dates). [Download - 290KB]
- GraphClick 2.7 ($8) is graph digitizing software that automatically retrieves the original x-y data from the image of a scanned graph, or from a QuickTime movie. Version 2.7 adds points on perimeters of areas, points or lines are now draggable with the selection tool, and more. [Download - 2.8MB]
- AbiWord 2.2.10 (free) is a word processor similar to Microsoft Word, available with support for a number of languages. The current release fixes a security issue in the RTF importer and repairs a list corruption in the MS Word importer. [Download - 7.9MB]
- MacAT 7.0 ($50) updates the AT/UNIX cron-like task scheduling application to include support for FileMaker 8 support. MacAT can run 37 of the most common MacOS tasks to be run once, hourly, daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or yearly without intervention.
- idtunes 1.7 ($20-50) fills in missing ID3 tags, deletes duplicates, and organizes music files. idtunes detects unknown or unnamed MP3's, filling in missing information such as artist, title, album, date, genre, and length. [Download - 4.6MB]
- Kinemac 0.8.0b ($250) is 3D realtime animation and presentation software for Mac OS X for creating professional 3D animations with the simplicity of a 2D. Kinemac plays animations at full screen resolution and exports them to QuickTime movie files, or to a series of single still images. [Download - 1.7MB]