updated 02:35 pm EDT, Fri September 23, 2005
Palm Desktop, InCopy
- (free) updates the PIM software that manages date books, to-do lists, address books, and memos; it can be used as a stand-alone application, or can view, sort, find, edit, back up, and add applications to a Palm device. Version 4.2.1 Rev D adds support for Mac OS X 10.4 and additional handhelds that were not supported by version 4.2.1 Rev A as well as fixes some permission issues on installation. [Download - 17.1MB]
- Adobe InCopy 4.01 and InDesign CS2 4.0.1 updates software to provide key fixes in the areas of text and fonts, scripting, inline graphics, InDesign Interchange (INX) files, German hyphenation, performance, and more. [Download - 35.6MB]
- InEffects 1.0.1 ($100) applies any combination of effects such as drop shadows, inner shadows, inner glows, outer glows, bevels, and embossing to any InDesign page object(s). InEffects is compatible with both InDesign 2.x and InDesign CS, supporting InDesigns own built-in effects and can be used in conjunction with them. [Download - 5.1MB]
- VODcaster 1.0 (free) is a tool for publishing audio and video podcasts with drag-and-drop support. Podcasts are uploaded to web servers or added to the iTunes Music Store podcast directory, and information is collected without the need to know XML. [Download - 1.3MB]
- DVD Database X 1.7 ($20) is a full-featured database system designed to keep track of DVD collections. Version 1.7 offers a redesigned interface and many usability improvements. Features include online movie lookups, DVD label and jacket printing, and automatic playing of movie trailers. [Download - 2.8MB]
- BoosterElements 1.5 ($30) is an add-on to Adobe Photoshop Elements that provides three plug-ins: Curves, Density Masking, and Color Effects. Version 1.5 creates masks with density or brush, offers color correction with curves, and enables color changes (Sepia, DuoTones).