Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
FireWire in iPod nano
Apple's new iPod nano doesn't support FireWire connections for syncing songs, although it uses the same dock connector as previous generation iPods. The FireWire dock connector cable, however, does recharge the device, according to CNET News.com. Noting a shift away from the FireWire standard which Apple pioneered, the report says that the iPod nano displays a warning message when trying to use a FireWire dock connector cable with the device: "FireWire connections are not supported. To transfer songs connect the USB cable provided." As noted, Apple launched the original iPod with a FireWire-only interface and then added USB 2.0 support when the device became compatible with Windows-based PCs, but later only offered USB 2.0 cables with the devices. Apple then only offered a USB 2.0 connection on the iPod shuffle, Apple's entry-level MP3 player: "It's a bummer for folks like me that have an older Mac that has a FireWire port, but only a slower USB 1.1 port. To Apple's credit, the Nano's incredibly small size and good looks might just make it worth suffering through slower downloads."
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...Pure Contour i1 Air Dock
￼The half moon design speaks about what to expect overall from the Pure Contour i1 Air Dock: it is a speaker that looks to blend int ...STM Studio for iPad Air
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Southwest Airlines offers $2 in-flight iMessages, Android coming - 7 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies