Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Flash iPod minis
Apple's iPod Mini is expected to gain a color screen and move to Flash memory with its next revision, according to The Register. The devices will reportedly offer 4GB, 6GB and 8GB of storage at varying price points. The new models are expected at $200, $250 and $300, respectively. With no hard disk, battery life is likely to be significantly better than today's models. Apple will also reportedly expand its Shuffle line to include a 2GB model. The company will also continue to sell the 512MB and 1GB units. Pricing will fall to $70, $100, and $130-$150, respectively. The report comes just days after iPod hard drive supplier Hitachi announced smaller sized, higher capacity 1in hard drives.
No Paris Keynote
Apple CEO Steve Jobs will not deliver a formal keynote presentation at Apple Expo in Paris, contrary to earlier reports. Previous indicators pointed to a keynote address by Jobs at the Paris show. The Apple Expo Web site last week indicated that the Apple Expo 2005 Keynote presentation would be held at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, on Tuesday, 20 September at 10:00 am. Visitors were encouraged to "register for this special event and receive your K-marked entry badge for the Keynote and Apple Expo." Over the weekend, organizers changed that page, which now reads "Apple Expo will not feature a formal keynote presentation at Palais des Congrès." A report published in August suggested that this year's Paris expo would be the first in two years to feature a Jobs keynote.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 28 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Report: OS X 10.9.2 puts Mail back on track at last - 16 replies
- Netflix forges agreement with Comcast to end video speed throttling - 14 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple urges Arizona governor to veto anti-gay bill - 12 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies