Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Flash iPod minis
Apple's iPod Mini is expected to gain a color screen and move to Flash memory with its next revision, according to The Register. The devices will reportedly offer 4GB, 6GB and 8GB of storage at varying price points. The new models are expected at $200, $250 and $300, respectively. With no hard disk, battery life is likely to be significantly better than today's models. Apple will also reportedly expand its Shuffle line to include a 2GB model. The company will also continue to sell the 512MB and 1GB units. Pricing will fall to $70, $100, and $130-$150, respectively. The report comes just days after iPod hard drive supplier Hitachi announced smaller sized, higher capacity 1in hard drives.
No Paris Keynote
Apple CEO Steve Jobs will not deliver a formal keynote presentation at Apple Expo in Paris, contrary to earlier reports. Previous indicators pointed to a keynote address by Jobs at the Paris show. The Apple Expo Web site last week indicated that the Apple Expo 2005 Keynote presentation would be held at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, on Tuesday, 20 September at 10:00 am. Visitors were encouraged to "register for this special event and receive your K-marked entry badge for the Keynote and Apple Expo." Over the weekend, organizers changed that page, which now reads "Apple Expo will not feature a formal keynote presentation at Palais des Congrès." A report published in August suggested that this year's Paris expo would be the first in two years to feature a Jobs keynote.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies
- Study: Apple Watch having material impact on health of users - 6 replies