Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Flash iPod minis
Apple's iPod Mini is expected to gain a color screen and move to Flash memory with its next revision, according to The Register. The devices will reportedly offer 4GB, 6GB and 8GB of storage at varying price points. The new models are expected at $200, $250 and $300, respectively. With no hard disk, battery life is likely to be significantly better than today's models. Apple will also reportedly expand its Shuffle line to include a 2GB model. The company will also continue to sell the 512MB and 1GB units. Pricing will fall to $70, $100, and $130-$150, respectively. The report comes just days after iPod hard drive supplier Hitachi announced smaller sized, higher capacity 1in hard drives.
No Paris Keynote
Apple CEO Steve Jobs will not deliver a formal keynote presentation at Apple Expo in Paris, contrary to earlier reports. Previous indicators pointed to a keynote address by Jobs at the Paris show. The Apple Expo Web site last week indicated that the Apple Expo 2005 Keynote presentation would be held at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, on Tuesday, 20 September at 10:00 am. Visitors were encouraged to "register for this special event and receive your K-marked entry badge for the Keynote and Apple Expo." Over the weekend, organizers changed that page, which now reads "Apple Expo will not feature a formal keynote presentation at Palais des Congrès." A report published in August suggested that this year's Paris expo would be the first in two years to feature a Jobs keynote.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 19 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies