Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Flash iPod minis
Apple's iPod Mini is expected to gain a color screen and move to Flash memory with its next revision, according to The Register. The devices will reportedly offer 4GB, 6GB and 8GB of storage at varying price points. The new models are expected at $200, $250 and $300, respectively. With no hard disk, battery life is likely to be significantly better than today's models. Apple will also reportedly expand its Shuffle line to include a 2GB model. The company will also continue to sell the 512MB and 1GB units. Pricing will fall to $70, $100, and $130-$150, respectively. The report comes just days after iPod hard drive supplier Hitachi announced smaller sized, higher capacity 1in hard drives.
No Paris Keynote
Apple CEO Steve Jobs will not deliver a formal keynote presentation at Apple Expo in Paris, contrary to earlier reports. Previous indicators pointed to a keynote address by Jobs at the Paris show. The Apple Expo Web site last week indicated that the Apple Expo 2005 Keynote presentation would be held at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, on Tuesday, 20 September at 10:00 am. Visitors were encouraged to "register for this special event and receive your K-marked entry badge for the Keynote and Apple Expo." Over the weekend, organizers changed that page, which now reads "Apple Expo will not feature a formal keynote presentation at Palais des Congrès." A report published in August suggested that this year's Paris expo would be the first in two years to feature a Jobs keynote.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Should Apple release a desktop computer that runs iOS? - 62 replies
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 23 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- Gartner: Apple rises, Samsung drops in worldwide phone share - 6 replies
- Pointers: Join a Mac/iOS User Group! - 6 replies