Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Flash iPod minis
Apple's iPod Mini is expected to gain a color screen and move to Flash memory with its next revision, according to The Register. The devices will reportedly offer 4GB, 6GB and 8GB of storage at varying price points. The new models are expected at $200, $250 and $300, respectively. With no hard disk, battery life is likely to be significantly better than today's models. Apple will also reportedly expand its Shuffle line to include a 2GB model. The company will also continue to sell the 512MB and 1GB units. Pricing will fall to $70, $100, and $130-$150, respectively. The report comes just days after iPod hard drive supplier Hitachi announced smaller sized, higher capacity 1in hard drives.
No Paris Keynote
Apple CEO Steve Jobs will not deliver a formal keynote presentation at Apple Expo in Paris, contrary to earlier reports. Previous indicators pointed to a keynote address by Jobs at the Paris show. The Apple Expo Web site last week indicated that the Apple Expo 2005 Keynote presentation would be held at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, on Tuesday, 20 September at 10:00 am. Visitors were encouraged to "register for this special event and receive your K-marked entry badge for the Keynote and Apple Expo." Over the weekend, organizers changed that page, which now reads "Apple Expo will not feature a formal keynote presentation at Palais des Congrès." A report published in August suggested that this year's Paris expo would be the first in two years to feature a Jobs keynote.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Where is my Apple Watch? - 12 replies
- First Look: Microsoft Surface 3 - 8 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies
- Verizon, Sprint agree to pay $158M settlement with FCC over 'cramming' - 5 replies