Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple, Intel, iTunes
This week Apple earned PC Magazine's Readers' Choice Award, again, and ranked among the top "gas-proof" stocks which aren't affected by the soaring cost of crude oil. Continuing the trend, an analyst from American Technology Research believes , Apple will sell 7.1 million iPods in the current quarter. The experience one columnist had after purchasing his first Mac is an example of how one individual discovered the halo effect.... First indications from Mac developers point to a quick and smooth transition to the Intel platform, and Intel announced it will port its software development tools to Mac OS X with the first beta shipping later this year.
iTunes vs. music industry
After revolutionizing the music industry with its iTunes digital service, Apple now faces a major hurdles as the labels try to exert their influence to change iTunes' immensely popular pricing structure. While some music executives believe the higher, more complex structure could backfire, others have held out licensing, forcing Apple to launch iTunes Japan without Sony BMG and Warner Music Group. "Mr. Jobs is now girding for a showdown with at least two of the four major record companies over the price of songs on the iTunes service. If he loses, the one-price model that iTunes has adopted - 99 cents to download any song - could be replaced with a more complex structure that prices songs by popularity. A hot new single, for example, could sell for $1.49, while a golden oldie could go for substantially less than 99 cents.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 22 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- First Look: Apple iPad Pro - 7 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies