Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple, Intel, iTunes
This week Apple earned PC Magazine's Readers' Choice Award, again, and ranked among the top "gas-proof" stocks which aren't affected by the soaring cost of crude oil. Continuing the trend, an analyst from American Technology Research believes , Apple will sell 7.1 million iPods in the current quarter. The experience one columnist had after purchasing his first Mac is an example of how one individual discovered the halo effect.... First indications from Mac developers point to a quick and smooth transition to the Intel platform, and Intel announced it will port its software development tools to Mac OS X with the first beta shipping later this year.
iTunes vs. music industry
After revolutionizing the music industry with its iTunes digital service, Apple now faces a major hurdles as the labels try to exert their influence to change iTunes' immensely popular pricing structure. While some music executives believe the higher, more complex structure could backfire, others have held out licensing, forcing Apple to launch iTunes Japan without Sony BMG and Warner Music Group. "Mr. Jobs is now girding for a showdown with at least two of the four major record companies over the price of songs on the iTunes service. If he loses, the one-price model that iTunes has adopted - 99 cents to download any song - could be replaced with a more complex structure that prices songs by popularity. A hot new single, for example, could sell for $1.49, while a golden oldie could go for substantially less than 99 cents.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 35 replies
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Appeals court opens door to FTC oversight of corporate cyber security - 6 replies
- Hands On: Tile Bluetooth Object Tracker - 6 replies