Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple, Intel, iTunes
This week Apple earned PC Magazine's Readers' Choice Award, again, and ranked among the top "gas-proof" stocks which aren't affected by the soaring cost of crude oil. Continuing the trend, an analyst from American Technology Research believes , Apple will sell 7.1 million iPods in the current quarter. The experience one columnist had after purchasing his first Mac is an example of how one individual discovered the halo effect.... First indications from Mac developers point to a quick and smooth transition to the Intel platform, and Intel announced it will port its software development tools to Mac OS X with the first beta shipping later this year.
iTunes vs. music industry
After revolutionizing the music industry with its iTunes digital service, Apple now faces a major hurdles as the labels try to exert their influence to change iTunes' immensely popular pricing structure. While some music executives believe the higher, more complex structure could backfire, others have held out licensing, forcing Apple to launch iTunes Japan without Sony BMG and Warner Music Group. "Mr. Jobs is now girding for a showdown with at least two of the four major record companies over the price of songs on the iTunes service. If he loses, the one-price model that iTunes has adopted - 99 cents to download any song - could be replaced with a more complex structure that prices songs by popularity. A hot new single, for example, could sell for $1.49, while a golden oldie could go for substantially less than 99 cents.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple - 7 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Pointers: Sign Your PDFs in Preview - 5 replies
- Apple rolls out Force Touch 15-inch MacBook Pro, new Retina iMac - 5 replies
- Pointers: Mastering the OS X Dock - 5 replies
- Verizon, Sprint agree to pay $158M settlement with FCC over 'cramming' - 5 replies