Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple, Intel, iTunes
This week Apple earned PC Magazine's Readers' Choice Award, again, and ranked among the top "gas-proof" stocks which aren't affected by the soaring cost of crude oil. Continuing the trend, an analyst from American Technology Research believes , Apple will sell 7.1 million iPods in the current quarter. The experience one columnist had after purchasing his first Mac is an example of how one individual discovered the halo effect.... First indications from Mac developers point to a quick and smooth transition to the Intel platform, and Intel announced it will port its software development tools to Mac OS X with the first beta shipping later this year.
iTunes vs. music industry
After revolutionizing the music industry with its iTunes digital service, Apple now faces a major hurdles as the labels try to exert their influence to change iTunes' immensely popular pricing structure. While some music executives believe the higher, more complex structure could backfire, others have held out licensing, forcing Apple to launch iTunes Japan without Sony BMG and Warner Music Group. "Mr. Jobs is now girding for a showdown with at least two of the four major record companies over the price of songs on the iTunes service. If he loses, the one-price model that iTunes has adopted - 99 cents to download any song - could be replaced with a more complex structure that prices songs by popularity. A hot new single, for example, could sell for $1.49, while a golden oldie could go for substantially less than 99 cents.
Gaming headphones are a challenge to get right, for a long list of reasons that are unique to the consumer buying them. Some shoppers ...Patriot Aero Wireless Mobile Drive
Regardless of how large a tablet you buy, you always want more space. There's always one more movie or another album you'd cram on, ...Patriot Fuel+ 6000 and 9000mAh batteries
Mobile device batteries are better than they used to be, but there's always a scenario where users could use more juice. Upgrade manu ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 9 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 8 replies
- New iTunes 11.3 brings iTunes Extras for HD movies - 7 replies
- Apple's iPad may pose risks for people with nickel allergies - 7 replies
- Photo shows alleged 1,810mAh battery for iPhone 6 - 6 replies