Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iTunes Japan hits 1M songs
Apple today announced it has sold more than one million songs from the iTunes Music Store in Japan. The announcement comes just four days after the company launched the Japanese-localized version of its market-leading music service. "iTunes has become Japan's number one online music store in just four days," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "iTunes has sold twice as many songs in just four days as all the other online music services in Japan sell in one month." Apple also said that more than 90 percent of the songs priced are priced ¥150 per song (about $1.35) and that the new service features a mix of local favorites and popular international artists, with Japanese artists claiming both the number one song (Def Tech) and the number one album (Ulfuls).
USB thumb drives are getting larger by the day, their growth speeding along with the availability and expansion of memory chips. But h ...Autodesk Smoke 2015
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 22 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 15 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 13 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Prescheduled social media posts from Joan Rivers promote iPhone 6 - 11 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies