Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Cobb County iBooks
Cobb County Schools were dealt a major setback last Friday when a judge put the massive 63,000 iBook program on hold. The Cobb Superior Court judge ruled that the $100.8 million laptop program "greatly differs from technology plans voters were promised in the 2003 Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax referendum, [SPLOST II] " according to the Marietta Daily Journal. Announced in early May as the largest ever one-to-one computer learning initiative, the program, the district's "Power To Learn" program calls for Apple to provide iBook G4s to every student and teacher in the district, starting with deployment this fall of more than 17,000 iBooks for teachers district-wide and students at four high schools designated as demonstration sites and could extend all Cobb County high school and middle school students in 2006.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Editorial: WSJ stoops to clickbait with silly anti-Mac article - 23 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Review: Apple Watch - 14 replies
- Adobe updates Creative Cloud apps, introduces Stock option - 12 replies
- Cue: Apple will pay royalties for three-month free Music trial - 11 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 9 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 9 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Editorial: Mainstream press clickbait critical, Apple press annoyed - 6 replies
- MacNN Deals: Keep healthy and shop smarter with iOS gadgets - 6 replies