Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Cobb County iBooks
Cobb County Schools were dealt a major setback last Friday when a judge put the massive 63,000 iBook program on hold. The Cobb Superior Court judge ruled that the $100.8 million laptop program "greatly differs from technology plans voters were promised in the 2003 Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax referendum, [SPLOST II] " according to the Marietta Daily Journal. Announced in early May as the largest ever one-to-one computer learning initiative, the program, the district's "Power To Learn" program calls for Apple to provide iBook G4s to every student and teacher in the district, starting with deployment this fall of more than 17,000 iBooks for teachers district-wide and students at four high schools designated as demonstration sites and could extend all Cobb County high school and middle school students in 2006.
There are a lot of cloud services out there, and nearly all of them can be used for backing up key files and folders. A few dedicated ...Plantronics BackBeat Pro Bluetooth headphones
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Some Safari users experiencing severe YouTube playback problems - 12 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- Watchmakers issue cease-and-desists to smartwatch face creators - 9 replies
- Xiaomi looking to overtake Apple, Samsung in the next 10 years - 9 replies
- Apple responds, points out flaws in AAA study of 'distracting' Siri - 8 replies
- Upp hydrogen fuel cell available in Apple Stores in United Kingdom - 7 replies
- Target claims no responsibility for 'Black Friday' data theft in court - 6 replies
- Monday Deals: 55-inch 4K television, four-bay NAS, GoG DRM-free sale - 6 replies