Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Cobb County iBooks
Cobb County Schools were dealt a major setback last Friday when a judge put the massive 63,000 iBook program on hold. The Cobb Superior Court judge ruled that the $100.8 million laptop program "greatly differs from technology plans voters were promised in the 2003 Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax referendum, [SPLOST II] " according to the Marietta Daily Journal. Announced in early May as the largest ever one-to-one computer learning initiative, the program, the district's "Power To Learn" program calls for Apple to provide iBook G4s to every student and teacher in the district, starting with deployment this fall of more than 17,000 iBooks for teachers district-wide and students at four high schools designated as demonstration sites and could extend all Cobb County high school and middle school students in 2006.
USB thumb drives are getting larger by the day, their growth speeding along with the availability and expansion of memory chips. But h ...Autodesk Smoke 2015
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 22 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 14 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 13 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Prescheduled social media posts from Joan Rivers promote iPhone 6 - 11 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies