Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple Store refurb
Apple is offering several models of refurbished 12-inch PowerBooks, starting at $1000. Both the legacy 1GHz/Combo ($1000) 1GHz/SuperDrive ($1050) offer 40GB drives and no wireless networking, while the previous-generation (refurb) 1.33GHz/Combo ($1,100) and the 1.33GHz/SuperDrive are available with builtin AirPort Extreme Networking. Apple is also offering current-generation, refurbished 1.5GHz 12-inch PowerBooks with Bluetooth 2.0 and advanced Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200 graphics for $1,300 (Combo) or $1,500 (SuperDrive). Apple is also offering iMac G5s starting at $900 and a several models of refurb iPods (photo, minis, non-clickwheel, U2 Special edition, and Shuffle). Separately, Apple is also offering non-refurb (a.k.a. new), previous-generation iPods for $270 (20GB with Click Wheel) and $330 (30GB color).
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies
- New iOS 8.1.2 release solves problems with missing ringtones - 6 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies