updated 09:40 am EDT, Fri June 24, 2005
is a shareware AppleScript Studio application for use with iTunes on Mac OS X. Its main function is to extract the artwork from the selected track's ID3 tag and copy it to an image file in a chosen location. The application is fully automated and can process an entire playlist containing all your tracks. Export Artwork also works as an artwork manager and can fetch album covers over the Internet and embed artwork to the ID3 tag, making it a great utility to help you update your cover collection as your music library grows. "If you have already filled your library's worth of mp3 / m4a (AAC) files with artwork, but want to remove it from the ID3 tag to keep the file size down, and still keep all those album covers, Export Artwork is the perfect tool."
- Launch Export Artwork via iTunes script.
- Tools menu - Scan for missing artwork, Remove artwork, Shop at Amazon.com.
- Multiple selected tracks and playlist supported.
- Supports mp3 and m4a (AAC encoded) files.
- Supports Audio CD - Fetch album covers for tracks processed directly from CD.
- Supports iPod - Export , fetch and embed artwork for tracks processed from an iPod.
- Create cover image files 'per album' or 'per track'.
- Choose saving location - Music library folder or user defined default folder.
- Select file naming format.
- Select image format - JPEG, PNG or TIFF.
- Fetch album cover images - Uses Amazon Web Services.
- Process in manual mode - Accept or reject downloaded image based on preview.
- Search images in manual mode - On Amazon, AMG, Buy, Google and Walmart web sites.
- Drag n' drop images - From the Finder or a web page, into the preview window.
- Embed Artwork - From fetched cover images into ID3 tag.
- Resize album cover images.
- Create playlist for tracks with no associated album cover.
- Progress panel - Shows process status and album cover image preview.
- Publish multi-page HTML playlist - Shows album cover, year, genre and track listing.
- Check for update - Links to this site from the menu bar.
- User Guide - Accessible through the 'Help' menu.
- Localized in English and French.
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and OS X 10.4 Tiger compatible.