Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
BT taking on iPod, iTunes
UK Telecom giant BT is taking on Apple's iTunes music service for a share of the multi-billion dollar music download market, according to The Observer: "It will launch a new service tomorrow enabling mobile phone users to listen to 50 radio stations over their handsets, and download tracks for a small fee. The initiative, in partnership with radio group UBC Media, is one of the most ambitious since BT re-entered the mobile market. Users will also be able to pause, rewind and record live radio shows. BT Livetime will be launched tomorrow as a pilot with Virgin Mobile but it is likely to be extended to other networks. Other services will include music videos and live TV news and sports coverage, for which BT has already signed deals with Sky News and Sky Sports News."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 22 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies
- Editorial: Apple's iOS purchase-history purge disrespects users - 8 replies
- New Magic Keyboard, Trackpad, and Mouse revealed in OS X 10.11.1 code - 8 replies