Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
BT taking on iPod, iTunes
UK Telecom giant BT is taking on Apple's iTunes music service for a share of the multi-billion dollar music download market, according to The Observer: "It will launch a new service tomorrow enabling mobile phone users to listen to 50 radio stations over their handsets, and download tracks for a small fee. The initiative, in partnership with radio group UBC Media, is one of the most ambitious since BT re-entered the mobile market. Users will also be able to pause, rewind and record live radio shows. BT Livetime will be launched tomorrow as a pilot with Virgin Mobile but it is likely to be extended to other networks. Other services will include music videos and live TV news and sports coverage, for which BT has already signed deals with Sky News and Sky Sports News."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies
- Study: Apple Watch having material impact on health of users - 6 replies