Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
BT taking on iPod, iTunes
UK Telecom giant BT is taking on Apple's iTunes music service for a share of the multi-billion dollar music download market, according to The Observer: "It will launch a new service tomorrow enabling mobile phone users to listen to 50 radio stations over their handsets, and download tracks for a small fee. The initiative, in partnership with radio group UBC Media, is one of the most ambitious since BT re-entered the mobile market. Users will also be able to pause, rewind and record live radio shows. BT Livetime will be launched tomorrow as a pilot with Virgin Mobile but it is likely to be extended to other networks. Other services will include music videos and live TV news and sports coverage, for which BT has already signed deals with Sky News and Sky Sports News."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Review: Apple Watch - 14 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 11 replies
- Cue: Apple will pay royalties for three-month free Music trial - 11 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 9 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Apple updates OS X to 10.10.4; includes networking, Mail, Photos fixes - 8 replies
- Kenwood flagship CarPlay and Android Auto multimedia units shipping - 6 replies
- MacNN Deals: Keep healthy and shop smarter with iOS gadgets - 6 replies
- Editorial: Mainstream press clickbait critical, Apple press annoyed - 6 replies