Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Getting around iTunes DRM
Microsoft is planning to bolster its own online song store with a new subscription service later this year as well as is "considering a more direct attack on Apple, seeking rights from copyright holders to give subscribers a Microsoft-formatted version of any song purchased from iTunes so they can be played on devices other than an iPod.... The ability to download replacement copies of iTunes-purchased song would be aimed at boosting the fortunes of Windows-compatible MP3 player manufacturers such as iRiver and Creative Technologies. Because Apple does not license its FairPlay copy-protection format to other companies, iTunes-purchased songs can be played directly only on the iPod. Sources said that the iTunes replacement plan would require agreements from multiple copyright holders, and may not come to pass, however," according to the News.com report.
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset
Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...
10 Most Discussed
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for auto downloads of 'Songs of Innocence' - 13 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies
- GT filings call Apple contract terms 'oppressive and burdensome' - 9 replies
- Apple unveils new Retina iMac, featuring 5K display - 9 replies
- Finnish Prime Minister partly blames Apple for economic troubles - 9 replies