Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Getting around iTunes DRM
Microsoft is planning to bolster its own online song store with a new subscription service later this year as well as is "considering a more direct attack on Apple, seeking rights from copyright holders to give subscribers a Microsoft-formatted version of any song purchased from iTunes so they can be played on devices other than an iPod.... The ability to download replacement copies of iTunes-purchased song would be aimed at boosting the fortunes of Windows-compatible MP3 player manufacturers such as iRiver and Creative Technologies. Because Apple does not license its FairPlay copy-protection format to other companies, iTunes-purchased songs can be played directly only on the iPod. Sources said that the iTunes replacement plan would require agreements from multiple copyright holders, and may not come to pass, however," according to the News.com report.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Polk, a company well-established in the audio market, recently released a new set of headphones aimed at the lifestyle market. The Hin ...Blue Yeti Studio
Despite being very familiar with Blue Microphones' lower-end products -- we've long recommended the company's Snowball line of mics ...ZTE Spro 2 Smart Projector
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...
10 Most Discussed
- Feature: Five reasons to skip El Capitan for now - 31 replies
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan released to public - 24 replies
- Opinion: OS X El Capitan -- Upgrade or Not? - 21 replies
- Five reasons to update to El Capitan - 20 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the 16GB iPhone 6s - 14 replies
- Amazon to sellers: Apple TV, Chromecast no longer welcome - 12 replies
- Apple pulls iFixit developer credentials over Apple TV teardown - 12 replies
- Security flaw in iOS 9 discovered, could expose photos, contacts - 11 replies
- Songwriter criticizes low royalty payments from streaming services - 11 replies
- Apple warning developers about new Chinese, Japanese taxes - 10 replies