Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Xbox 360 video clips
The clips of video games supporting Microsoft's new Xbox 360 console are running on Apple machines, Microsoft confirmed on Friday. "We purchased a number of Apple G5's because very specific hardware components of the G5 allow developers to emulate some of the technology behind future Xbox products and services," a Microsoft spokesperson said in a statement. "This is an interim development tool that will be replaced with a more powerful and comprehensive solution later." The new console from Microsoft is based on a similar IBM PowerPC architecture used in Apple computers--the Xbox 360 uses three 3.2GHz symmetrical cores.
Apple has added refurbished PowerBooks and the flat-panel iMac G4 to the Special Deals section of the Apple Store. Both 1.5GHz/combo ($1,700) and 1.67GHz/SuperDrive versions of the 15-inch PowerBook ($2,000) are available. Both include 512MB of RAM and a 80GB drive, along with a backlit keyboard, Bluetooth 2.0, and AirPort Extreme wireless connectivity. The previous-generatin 1.25GHz iMac G4 with 256MB of RAM, a 80GB drive, and a SuperDrive is $1,100. Other refurbished (and discounted) products include 23-inch Cinema display ($1,300), 30-inch Cinema Display ($2,600), dual-1.8GHz G5 ($1,500), dual-2GHz G5 ($1,650), dual-2.5GHz ($2,300), 17-inch 1.8GHz iMac G5 ($1000), and 20-inch iMac G5 ($1,400). Refurbished iPod minis ($170) are available in silver, blue, pink, and gold, while a standard 40GB iPod (with dock, carry case, belt clip, FireWire cable) is $330.
Forums roundup May 14
Forums roundup [register here]: One user has posted benchmarks for the new Power Mac G5 dual-2.7GHz.... Members discuss the merits of a "clean install" of Mac OS X over an upgrade..... iMac users discuss the new video card offerings in the iMac G5.... A security hole is threatening Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger users.... Users exchange opinions on what they think is the best browser for Mac OS X.... Members in the MacNN Lounge discuss the new Xbox 360 following its official debut.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple Music launch cripples Home Sharing, alters iTunes Match - 17 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Review: Apple Watch - 14 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 11 replies
- Cue: Apple will pay royalties for three-month free Music trial - 11 replies
- Universal issues first full 'Steve Jobs' movie trailer - 9 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 9 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Apple updates OS X to 10.10.4; includes networking, Mail, Photos fixes - 8 replies
- Editorial: Pardon? You don't like Apple Music? - 7 replies