toggle

AAPL Stock: 130.28 ( + 0.61 )

Printed from http://www.macnn.com

Teen\'s iPod goes through washing machine, \"explodes\"

updated 09:45 am EDT, Fri May 13, 2005

iPod \"explodes\"

Fire investigators are probing a that burned a hole in the bed of a Melbourneteenager who tried to repair his damaged Apple iPod. The boy was treated by paramedics at his Bayswater home for breathing difficulties after ingesting fumes emitted bythe device as he pulled it apart in his suburban bedroom on Wednesday. Country Fire Authority spokesman Peter Philp said the leaky iPod had been taken away for testing by CFA investigators. "His mother did the washing and the iPod was in the clothing so it went through the washing machine [...] It wasn't working, the young fella tried to undo it or fix it with a screwdriver [...] It was more smoke than fire but it did leave a burn mark on the cover."




by MacNN Staff

POST TOOLS:

TAGS :

toggle

Comments

  1. iK9

    Joined: Dec 1969

    0

    yeah right

    I am waiting to see how this will be blamed on Apple....computer company markets dangerous device......I guess they'll have to put a warning sticker on it "caution do not fully submerse"

  1. crevatis

    Joined: Dec 1969

    0

    nice ad

    The ad by google following this story is great!

Login Here

Not a member of the MacNN forums? Register now for free.

toggle

Network Headlines

toggle

Most Popular

Advertisement

Recent Reviews

Brother HL-3140CW Color Laser Printer

It's inevitable, at some point somebody needs a hardcopy of a document. Paper never runs out of battery charge, after all. Our Mom, j ...

Linksys WRT1200AC Wi-Fi Router

Once upon a time, a brand-new Linksys router showed up on our doorstep. So we gathered some network-minded friends together, and hooke ...

Rapoo A300 Mini Bluetooth NFC Speaker

The Rapoo Bluetooth Mini NFC Speaker is a little metallic box about the size of a baseball. In spite of its small size, we were very p ...

toggle

Most Commented