updated 02:45 pm EDT, Wed April 27, 2005
NewsMac Pro, Curio, ...
- Curio 2.3 K-12 Edition ($65) is a new version of the application for brainstorming and idea management; the K-12 Edition now features a new Restriction Preference panel which offers more control for administrators, including modifying Dossier questions and adding Sleuth sites. It also features a 200 phrase fully-customizable profanity filter, and more. Curio is also available in Professional ($130), Home ($80), and Basic ($40) editions. [Download - 6.1MB]
- burnitagainsam 2.0 ($25) allows you to "add files to a CDR" (i.e., burn linked multisession CDRs where all files are shown in a single CDR icon). The new version includes an updated UI, the ability to hide previous sessions, and automatic incremental updating, automatically detecting what files have changed and only adding those to the CDR. [Download - 748KB]
- A Better Finder Select 3.5 ($10) adds the ability to select only files that are digital camera pictures containing EXIF information. The contextual menu plugin allows power users to filter file selections based on a range of criteria, offering interactive and automatic modes, powerful search features, persistent settings, and more. [Download - 1.9MB]
- Safari Bookmark Exporter 1.1 (free) helps users export Safari bookmarks to the latest versions of Camino/Chimera, Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape, IE, iCab, and Opera. Version 1.1 adds support for the beta version of Opera 8, as well as an option to export bookmarks to the XBEL bookmark format, to export to multiple browsers at once, and automatically overwrite previous bookmark files. [Download --152KB]
- iRemember ($80) is an upcoming scrapbook utility for Mac OS X. The company, currently requesting beta testers for its final release in June, says that the application will include the ability to create borders, backgrounds, and frames; drag & drop integration with iPhoto; a selection tools for cropping photos, text and clip art, and more.