updated 02:15 pm EDT, Wed April 20, 2005
- is a free, open source tool for finding AirPort networks, Bluetooth devices, Bonjour services, and now GPS locations with your Mac. The GPS Plugin adds the ability to put down virtual pins and record the location of Notes and AirPort Networks it also fixes a hanging bug for people with Bluetooth phones, Infared Ports and other serial devices. It works on Mac OS X Panther. [393KB]
- VirtualKeyboard X 2.4 ($12) is an on-screen keyboard that offers point-and-click typing using pointing devices such as a head mouse, mouse, trackball, etc. It is designed primarily for disabled persons but it can be used also to teach the children to write, to prepare kiosk environments, and more. It introduces a self-minimizing keyboard that reduces the keyboard size after a period of time. [1.2MB]
- Creative Manager Pro 7.7 adds client presentation tools, budget notifications, and improved support for Mac OS X 10.3.8. The new update to the flagship Ad Agency Management system offers a dramatic improvement in the way images can be presented to clients. In addition to costing, Creative Manager Pro offers full Project Management, CRM, Digital Asset Management, billing and accounting, and extranet capabilities.
- miXscope QX5 1.01 ($12) is a shareware application for the Digital Blue QX5 Computer Microscope. The software allows you to capture images, create time-lapse movies, add a text comment, add a time stamp, add an image overlay, make a measurement, apply realtime frame averaging, or add a special effects. [360KB]
- Mariner Calc 5.4 and Mariner Write 3.6.5 are the latest versions of Mariner Software's MarinerPack ($80) applications. The latest versions bring support for several international formats, AppleScript enhancements, Japanese support, Find dialog improvements, as well as several bug fixes in both products. The updates are available free of charge. Both require Mac OS 10.2 or higher. [Calc, Write]
- AB for Web 1.1 (100) publishes the Mac OS X Address Book on the Internet using a fast embedded web server. In addition to the standard information included in Mac OS X's Address Book, 'AB for Web' adds additional views, such as 'Members of company' and 'Birthdays'. It also features a nice Aqua-like interface for browser clients. The demo is fully functional, but only displays six records per view. [1.8MB]