Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Depth Cue for AE
Buena Software has released Depth Cue, a set of plugins for Adobe After Effects 6.0 and later that produce various 3D effects. Each of the five plugins provides a realistic depth effect that works with After Effects' 3D layers. 3D Composite allows 2D footage that contains a depth channel; Depth displays the depth of every pixel in a layer as a gray value; Falloff Lighting provides realistic lighting that diminishes as layers move farther away from the lights; and Rack Focus produces realistic focus pulls and depth of field, and can produce lens effects like boke and anamorphic lens breathing. It is available for $150 ($20 discount) until April 22nd.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies