updated 07:10 am EST, Mon March 21, 2005
REALbasic, iStumbler, ...
- iStumbler R92 is a free, open-source tool for finding AirPort networks, Bluetooth devices, mDNS services, and now GPS locations with your Mac. Release 92 reintroduces the GPS plugin which works with any NMEA Serial or Bluetooth GPS device. It also includes new preferences for setting the font size and toolbar style as well as improvements to the plugin system. [393KB]
- Media Rage 1.9 ($25) is a collection of tools that can edit information stored in MP3, AAC, FLAC, and Ogg Vorbis audio files as well as assist in cataloging, organizing, sorting, and updating thousands of audio files. Version 1.9 supports VBR searching from the Finder, new grouping features, better naming functions, and more. [2.4MB]
- DVDpedia 2.0 ($18) updates the movie cataloging tool with WebView, which allows users to see their collections in custom HTML templates, and access Amazon Wish/Listmania lists. The integrated search function now includes all the Amazon sites (UK, US, DE, CA, FR, JP) and allows users to perform a cascading search, while a new 'Date Due' function improves tracking of DVD borrowing. [4.8MB]
- Studycard Studio 2.4 ($30) updates the multimedia flashcard application, adding a companion study application for the Palm OS platform. The software allows students and educators to create flashcards or quizzes on Mac OS, then study them on PalmOS-baed handhelds. A free "lite" versioon supports the Quiz study method with fewer features, but includes the full Studycard Studio Palm OS companion application. [3.9MB]
- iSale 1.4 ($25) brings integration with Apple‘s .Mac, allowing users to bypass the company's fee-based picture service as well as a new intelligent "Smart Groups" feature that offers a comprehensive and organized overview of all auctions. It also features a new section for after-sales qualification of listed auctions as well as brings compatibility with eBay Switzerland and eBay Austria. [4.6MB]