Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
SingleCrystal for Mac OS X
CrystalMaker has released SingleCrystal 1.0 for Mac OS X, an easy-to-use program for visualizing and understanding diffraction patterns from single crystals: the laboratory technique used to solve the structures of virtually all crystalline materials. SingleCrystal's advanced display capabilities allow users to manipulate simulated diffraction patterns in real time, rotating virtual crystals with the computer mouse or toolbar tilt controls, and observing changes in diffraction. The application's screen tools allow easy measurement and indexing of reflexions, as well as the display of phase information for scattered beams. It is available now for $90 for a single-user academic version.
Forums roundup for Jan 15
Topics on the MacNN Forums today include: Several iPod-specific discussions in MacNN's new iPod section.... Ongoing discussion of Sonnet's new 1.7GHz upgrade for Power Mac G4s.... Speculation about the possibility of a G5 PowerBook, following comments made during Apple's financial conference call.... comparing the new Mac mini to the iMac.... Apple' new Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" preview videos.
Apple Store refurbs
The Apple Store has several refurbish models of the iMac G5 available, starting at $950 as well as a refurbished model of the AirPort Express for $100. Apple is offering a no modem/no optical drive/256MB/40GB version of the 17-inch 1.6GHz iMac G5 for $950 for $150 more, users can upgrade the drive to 80GB, receive a Combo (DVD/CD-RW) drive, and 56 modem. The 1.8GHz SuperDrive models are available in both 17-inc (256MB/80GB) and 20-inch models (256MB/160GB) models for $1,300 and $1,700, respectively. Apple is also offering both the dual-1.8GHz ($1,700) and dual-2.5GHz ($2,600) Power Mac G5s.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: The trouble with the Music app for iOS - 15 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Pointers: the iOS troubleshooting and device maintenance guide - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies
- Mac pundit Jim Dalrymple bemoans 'nightmarish' iTunes struggles - 7 replies