Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
SingleCrystal for Mac OS X
CrystalMaker has released SingleCrystal 1.0 for Mac OS X, an easy-to-use program for visualizing and understanding diffraction patterns from single crystals: the laboratory technique used to solve the structures of virtually all crystalline materials. SingleCrystal's advanced display capabilities allow users to manipulate simulated diffraction patterns in real time, rotating virtual crystals with the computer mouse or toolbar tilt controls, and observing changes in diffraction. The application's screen tools allow easy measurement and indexing of reflexions, as well as the display of phase information for scattered beams. It is available now for $90 for a single-user academic version.
Forums roundup for Jan 15
Topics on the MacNN Forums today include: Several iPod-specific discussions in MacNN's new iPod section.... Ongoing discussion of Sonnet's new 1.7GHz upgrade for Power Mac G4s.... Speculation about the possibility of a G5 PowerBook, following comments made during Apple's financial conference call.... comparing the new Mac mini to the iMac.... Apple' new Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" preview videos.
Apple Store refurbs
The Apple Store has several refurbish models of the iMac G5 available, starting at $950 as well as a refurbished model of the AirPort Express for $100. Apple is offering a no modem/no optical drive/256MB/40GB version of the 17-inch 1.6GHz iMac G5 for $950 for $150 more, users can upgrade the drive to 80GB, receive a Combo (DVD/CD-RW) drive, and 56 modem. The 1.8GHz SuperDrive models are available in both 17-inc (256MB/80GB) and 20-inch models (256MB/160GB) models for $1,300 and $1,700, respectively. Apple is also offering both the dual-1.8GHz ($1,700) and dual-2.5GHz ($2,600) Power Mac G5s.
It seems like no matter how much internal storage is included today's mobile devices, we, as users, will always find a way to fill th ...Brother HL-L8250CDN Color Laser Printer
When it comes to selecting a printer, the process is not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often t ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...
10 Most Discussed
- In with the new: USB-C connector on new MacBook explained - 19 replies
- Latest MacBooks drop Windows 7 compatibility in Boot Camp - 18 replies
- Apple executives participate in, praise 'Becoming Steve Jobs' bio - 12 replies
- Apple Watch: how Apple Stores will handle the debut - 10 replies
- Briefly: Apple TV gains new channels, Pro Tools 12 changes pricing - 10 replies
- Legal barrage launched over FCC Open Internet regulation in DC courts - 10 replies
- Hands On: Fantastical 2 (OS X) - 9 replies
- Pointers: 1Password tricks (OS X, iOS) - 8 replies
- Hands On: Downcast 2.8.28 (iOS) - 8 replies
- Review: Becoming Steve Jobs - 7 replies