Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
SingleCrystal for Mac OS X
CrystalMaker has released SingleCrystal 1.0 for Mac OS X, an easy-to-use program for visualizing and understanding diffraction patterns from single crystals: the laboratory technique used to solve the structures of virtually all crystalline materials. SingleCrystal's advanced display capabilities allow users to manipulate simulated diffraction patterns in real time, rotating virtual crystals with the computer mouse or toolbar tilt controls, and observing changes in diffraction. The application's screen tools allow easy measurement and indexing of reflexions, as well as the display of phase information for scattered beams. It is available now for $90 for a single-user academic version.
Forums roundup for Jan 15
Topics on the MacNN Forums today include: Several iPod-specific discussions in MacNN's new iPod section.... Ongoing discussion of Sonnet's new 1.7GHz upgrade for Power Mac G4s.... Speculation about the possibility of a G5 PowerBook, following comments made during Apple's financial conference call.... comparing the new Mac mini to the iMac.... Apple' new Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" preview videos.
Apple Store refurbs
The Apple Store has several refurbish models of the iMac G5 available, starting at $950 as well as a refurbished model of the AirPort Express for $100. Apple is offering a no modem/no optical drive/256MB/40GB version of the 17-inch 1.6GHz iMac G5 for $950 for $150 more, users can upgrade the drive to 80GB, receive a Combo (DVD/CD-RW) drive, and 56 modem. The 1.8GHz SuperDrive models are available in both 17-inc (256MB/80GB) and 20-inch models (256MB/160GB) models for $1,300 and $1,700, respectively. Apple is also offering both the dual-1.8GHz ($1,700) and dual-2.5GHz ($2,600) Power Mac G5s.
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Editorial: WSJ stoops to clickbait with silly anti-Mac article - 23 replies
- Review: Apple Watch - 14 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Adobe updates Creative Cloud apps, introduces Stock option - 12 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 11 replies
- Cue: Apple will pay royalties for three-month free Music trial - 11 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 9 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Apple updates OS X to 10.10.4; includes networking, Mail, Photos fixes - 7 replies
- Editorial: Mainstream press clickbait critical, Apple press annoyed - 6 replies