Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
SingleCrystal for Mac OS X
CrystalMaker has released SingleCrystal 1.0 for Mac OS X, an easy-to-use program for visualizing and understanding diffraction patterns from single crystals: the laboratory technique used to solve the structures of virtually all crystalline materials. SingleCrystal's advanced display capabilities allow users to manipulate simulated diffraction patterns in real time, rotating virtual crystals with the computer mouse or toolbar tilt controls, and observing changes in diffraction. The application's screen tools allow easy measurement and indexing of reflexions, as well as the display of phase information for scattered beams. It is available now for $90 for a single-user academic version.
Forums roundup for Jan 15
Topics on the MacNN Forums today include: Several iPod-specific discussions in MacNN's new iPod section.... Ongoing discussion of Sonnet's new 1.7GHz upgrade for Power Mac G4s.... Speculation about the possibility of a G5 PowerBook, following comments made during Apple's financial conference call.... comparing the new Mac mini to the iMac.... Apple' new Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" preview videos.
Apple Store refurbs
The Apple Store has several refurbish models of the iMac G5 available, starting at $950 as well as a refurbished model of the AirPort Express for $100. Apple is offering a no modem/no optical drive/256MB/40GB version of the 17-inch 1.6GHz iMac G5 for $950 for $150 more, users can upgrade the drive to 80GB, receive a Combo (DVD/CD-RW) drive, and 56 modem. The 1.8GHz SuperDrive models are available in both 17-inc (256MB/80GB) and 20-inch models (256MB/160GB) models for $1,300 and $1,700, respectively. Apple is also offering both the dual-1.8GHz ($1,700) and dual-2.5GHz ($2,600) Power Mac G5s.
When it comes to selecting a printer, it's not exactly something most people put a lot of thought into. Printers are often touted as ...Moshi iVisor AG and XT for iPad Air 2
Have you ever tried to put in a screen protector that relies on static to cling to the screen? How many bubbles and wrinkles does it h ...OmniPlan (OS X, iOS)
We reviewed the Omni Group's most famous Mac software, a To Do app called OmniFocus, back in June 2014, and we were impressed. Some o ...
10 Most Discussed
- FCC approves net neutrality, Title II proposal in 3-2 vote - 31 replies
- Opponents, supporters of FCC Net Neutrality, Title II vote speak out - 14 replies
- Microsoft releases public preview of Office 2016 for Mac - 13 replies
- Apple on the hook for $533M lawsuit payout over in-app purchase tech - 12 replies
- New Jersey man hospitalized by exploded iPhone 5c battery - 11 replies
- Apple Watch: plethora of details leak as public debut nears - 10 replies
- Editorial: iCar or Apple moonshot? - 8 replies
- Samsung Pay electronic payment system deployed in Galaxy S6, S6 edge - 8 replies
- Apple launches video repair program for 2011-2013 MacBook Pros - 8 replies
- Apple reportedly launching wide public beta of iOS 8.3 in May - 7 replies