Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apple Q1 webcast
In Brief: Apple's conference call webcast discussing Q1 - 2005 financial results will begin at 5 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 (see MacNN's coverage).... Following AppleInsider reports from earlier this month, research firm Piper Jaffray said this week it believes Apple will increase the capacity of the iPod mini MP3 player to 5GB from 4GB at the Macworld conference during the second week of January.... Usedmac.ca, a Canadian Mac classifieds site, said today it now now boasts over 200 users with increasing daily traffic.
MacJournal 3.0 due in Jan
Mariner Software has announced that it will republish the journaling application, MacJournal. Mariner will release version 3.0 of the product, its first major release, in early January 2005 under the Mariner brand. The company also says it will offer support for nearly a dozne more laguages ("in the near future"). "We are extremely excited to have Dan Schimpf on board with MacJournal," said Michael Wray, President of Mariner Software. "The product already has a bit of a cult following. We're looking to increase that popularity amongst the mainstream Macintosh community." It will be available for $30 and will require Mac OS X 10.2 or later.
Apple, Google like old MS?
Paul Andrews of The Seattle Times says that Apple and Google are among the hottest companies of 2004, while longtime Goliath Microsoft is "enduring the humiliation of cross-examination by disenchanted shareholders. The answer has to do with innovation. Apple's iPod and Google's ads have proved themselves by being smarter, better designed and more useful than anything the competition can produce. The simplicity of the iPod and its ease of use have made it the one must-have device this year. Among my circle of friends, half a dozen iPods found their way under the Christmas tree. ... But investors rewarded Apple and Google because both are building success the way Microsoft once did -- via platforms. How far they can extend their platforms, and whether Microsoft can hop aboard and seize the pilot's wheel, are the big questions of 2005.
￼The half moon design speaks about what to expect overall from the Pure Contour i1 Air Dock: it is a speaker that looks to blend int ...STM Studio for iPad Air
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...
10 Most Discussed
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 16 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 10 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 8 replies
- Apple: iOS 7 now on 74 percent of iOS devices - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Qualcomm Gimbal Bluetooth beacons to compete with Apple's iBeacon - 6 replies