updated 07:50 am EST, Tue November 30, 2004
Downsize, Ethernet Driver
- ($20) offers an easy way to prepare images for the web or email. Version 2.0 introduces the ability to add watermarks, as well as simple frames, to the processed images. Offering full iPhoto integration, users need only organize their images once, and can then process entire iPhoto libraries with the click of a button. [267KB]
- Apple Ethernet Driver for Mac OS X 10.3.3 for Mac OS X provides improved connection stability. This updater is recommended for all Xserve systems and PowerMac systems with the Apple PCI or PCI-X Ethernet card installed. [236KB]
- CDFinder 4.3 ($25) is designed to organize your disk and data archive and to track digital media assets. It offers multi-computer access (with a business license), powerful search functions, an offline browser (with support for ZIP, TAR, StuffIt, and Apple Installer files), and more. The new version has a new and improved UI, enhanced export and cataloging features, and other improvements. [2.0MB]
- DeskDoodle 1.1 ($10) adds new hot keys added for all tools and modes, new pen widths, more color presets, the ability to save the doodle file only, and more. The application allows you to draw directly onto the screen, including creating notes, stamp pictures, use it for presentations, etc. It offers several drawing omdes and simple drawing tools, such as an pencil, eraser, stamper, and type tool. [1.5MB]
- QuickAccessCM 1.6 (free) is a plug-in for easy access to frequently used folders, documents and applications. It offers functions for "Quick Access" (launch items/docs direclty), "Move To" and "Copy To" preset (custom) folders, and more. Version 1.6 adds the Finder's "Recent Applications" and "Recent Documents" submenus and the ability to copy across volumes. [325KB]
- JIVA (free) is the Java a new Mac OS X-friendly Java-based volunteer supercomputing system (much like SETI@home). The JIVA client can run as a screen saver under Windows, Mac OS X or UNIX as an idle service. The company is soliciting offers for "a partner with a suitable large-scale application to be run on the JIVA public grid network and are requesting proposal applications."