updated 07:35 am EDT, Tue October 12, 2004
Cinematize, Netflix Freak
- ($60) extracts audio and video clips from a DVD movie, offering support for QuickTime, iMovie, and Final Cut formats. It now offers selection of start/end video frames, its own video decoder (no longer requires QuickTime MPEG-2 playback component), a new batch extraction mode, better performance (with G4/G5 optimizations), advanced video/audio sync, and also offers decoding options to fix synchronization problems common on "difficult" DVDs. Upgrades are $30.
- Netflix Freak 1.3 ($15) is a full-featured application for managing a Netflix rental queue. Designed for Mac OS X 10.2.6, it adds a display of new releases personalized recommendations from Netflix, and both Top 100 and Top 25 (by genre) listings. It offers multiple methods of management, searching, import of entire rental history, custom categories, and more. [777KB]
- Missing Sync for Palm OS v4.0.1 (free) fixes issues with mounting a Sony CLIE memory card on the Mac's desktop and also adds support for several conduits, including FMSync and Vindigo, adds keychain support, improves support for Tapwave Zodiac handhelds and includes a new version of the MemoPad application with an updated UI and improved synchronization. [12MB]
- BrickShooter 1.5 ($15) is a new game title: "Its simple rules create a great variety of different game situations, much like chess. The game proved suitable for people of all ages; good for children in developing their creative thinking processes, useful for grown-ups to play during lunch times and perfect for seniors to relax yet keep their minds sharp." [665KB]
- Lamp Express has released another free software module for its eyeSignal personal notification device, allowing users to monitor any web device with a static IP address or URL. The module pings all devices in the monitor list and turns on the red LED if a server is not answering or the blue LED in case the response time is longer than 500 ms.
- AquaMinds has released a free new version of the NoteTaker/Ecto AppleScript as well as new script-based support for MarsEdit. The new Ecto script allows NoteTaker to be used used as a database-driven blogging client in combination with the recently released Ecto2, while the new NoteTaker/MarsEdit script similarly offers support for MarsEdit.