Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
iPod wins \'Gold Prize\'
Apple's iPod mini received a 'Gold Prize' in Japan's "Good Design Awards". Japan's design evaluation and commendation awards offer awards in several categories, including Ecology, Interaction, Small/Medium Enterprises, "Long-selling", and Product Design, where Apple's iPod mini received the highest distinction, a "Gold Prize' in the Digital Audio Player category. In July, Apple's iPod packaging won a design distinction award.
iChat AV EOL\'d for Jaguar
Apple has quietly ended development and sale of iChat AV for Mac OS X Jaguar, according to AppleInsider: "In a note to company employees, Apple's marketing division announced an end to the electronic sale and distribution of the software, stating that the Jaguar-based application is now EOL (end-of-life). Subsequent checks of product availability confirm the removal of iChat AV from the company's online Apple store. Likewise, a posting on the iChat product page, which once advertised the software to Jaguar users for a small fee, has also disappeared."
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 9 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies