updated 08:25 am EDT, Fri October 1, 2004
- ($80) is a final release of the tool for building dynamic presentations from still photos, offering integration with iTunes and iPhoto. It is designed for high-quality, live slideshow presentations with an optional pan and zoom effect, smooth transitions and audio. It can also createa QuickTime movie for burning to DVD via Apple's iDVD or Roxio Toast. [form]
- VideoWeb 2.1 (free) is an utility that allows you to publish your webcam or DV camera on a web folder with only three steps, allowing users to view the remote webcam with any browser. Users can apply effects to the image or add time, title, or graphic as well as use the integrated HTML editor to edit the generated videoweb page and customize the refresh intervals. [2.9MB]
- DVDManager v1.2 (free) is a simple DVD manager that helps manage, update, and automatically download info on DVDs. It now offers more control of HTML export features and a new source "Amazon (AT)" for retrieving data. Version 1.2 also delivers an enhanced method of rating DVDs and also adds complete French documentation. It runs on Mac OS X 10.3 or later. [553KB]
- The next major release of QPict Media Asset Management Software will bring support for the new Digital Negative format (DNG) from Adobe, according to a release from RL Development. The new file format, geared towards creative professionals, will make it easier when working with and preserving RAW images. Registered users of QPict can apply for a test version available now.
- Puzzle Word 1.0 ($20) is a new word search game title where "players make words by clicking the colorful letters on a grid, which then disappear and other letter tiles collapse into their places, forming new combinations. Players can either play the game casually, finding whichever words they see immediately, or can maximize their score by playing strategically, finding one word so that the tiles will collapse to bring a longer word into place." [5.3MB]
- MultiMode 5.0 ($90) brings improvements to the user interface as well as several bug fixes. The application can decode and transmit several different modes of non-voice communication often heard on shortwave and ham radio. It can decode and display morse code, RTTY, FAX, SSTV, ACARS, PSK31, and many other modes on your Mac, without any extra hardware. [946KB]