Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Virgin digital music
VirginDigital.com on Monday will become the first major music retailer to enter the download music market and is expected to also launch a similar service in other countries starting with Britain in the future, according to The New York Times: "Virgin is putting its biggest emphasis on its subscription service, rather than on selling songs one at a time for 99 cents a track as Apple and Microsoft do. It is betting that new customers will instead join its Virgin Music Club for a $7.99 monthly fee to listen to an unlimited amount of music from Virgin's one-million-track library on their computers. A premium subscription service that will allow those tracks to be moved to a portable music player, for a slightly higher monthly fee, will be offered soon."
Panther promo extended
Apple has extended its Add more life to your Mac promotion. Originally launched at Macworld New York and scheduled to end last Friday, the promotion offers $50 back via a mail-in rebate on the purchase of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther ($130) and iLife '04 ($50). The promotion also offers $80 back with the purchase the Family Pack versions of Mac OS X Panther ($200) and iLife '04 ($80).The Family Pack allows users to install the application/OS on up to five computers in your home. The promotion, which now ends January 10, 2005, ends on the same day as Macworld San Francisco 2005, leading to speculation that the show may bring announcements related to ship date of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger--which Apple had previously said was expected to "ship in the first half of 2005."
USB thumb drives are getting larger by the day, their growth speeding along with the availability and expansion of memory chips. But h ...Autodesk Smoke 2015
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 21 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 13 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 13 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Prescheduled social media posts from Joan Rivers promote iPhone 6 - 11 replies
- Fifth Avenue iPhone 6 line spans 12 blocks; 6 Plus in low US supply - 10 replies