Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Virgin digital music
VirginDigital.com on Monday will become the first major music retailer to enter the download music market and is expected to also launch a similar service in other countries starting with Britain in the future, according to The New York Times: "Virgin is putting its biggest emphasis on its subscription service, rather than on selling songs one at a time for 99 cents a track as Apple and Microsoft do. It is betting that new customers will instead join its Virgin Music Club for a $7.99 monthly fee to listen to an unlimited amount of music from Virgin's one-million-track library on their computers. A premium subscription service that will allow those tracks to be moved to a portable music player, for a slightly higher monthly fee, will be offered soon."
Panther promo extended
Apple has extended its Add more life to your Mac promotion. Originally launched at Macworld New York and scheduled to end last Friday, the promotion offers $50 back via a mail-in rebate on the purchase of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther ($130) and iLife '04 ($50). The promotion also offers $80 back with the purchase the Family Pack versions of Mac OS X Panther ($200) and iLife '04 ($80).The Family Pack allows users to install the application/OS on up to five computers in your home. The promotion, which now ends January 10, 2005, ends on the same day as Macworld San Francisco 2005, leading to speculation that the show may bring announcements related to ship date of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger--which Apple had previously said was expected to "ship in the first half of 2005."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimate Ears (now owned by Logitech) has found great success in the marketplace with its "Boom" series of Bluetooth speakers, a mod ...Kinivo URBN Premium Bluetooth Headphones
We love music, and we're willing to bet that you do, too. If you're like us, you probably spend a good portion of your time wearing ...Jamstik+ MIDI Controller
For a long time the MIDI world has been dominated by keyboard-inspired controllers. Times are changing however, and we are slowly star ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Things about the iPad Pro that are evading people - 25 replies
- Editorial: Five reasons to move to Windows - 22 replies
- Teardown of Apple Pencil reveals it is utterly unrepairable by users - 17 replies
- Cook insists converged iPad, Mac product not coming soon - 15 replies
- F.lux developers pull sideloaded app following Apple's complaint - 9 replies
- Quicken 2016 for Mac arrives in tandem with Windows version - 9 replies
- Analysis: A tale of two companies - 9 replies
- MacNN: Five reasons to switch to Mac - 8 replies
- First Look: Apple iPad Pro - 7 replies
- Tim Cook addresses retail, commences 'inclusion training' company-wide - 7 replies