Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Virgin digital music
VirginDigital.com on Monday will become the first major music retailer to enter the download music market and is expected to also launch a similar service in other countries starting with Britain in the future, according to The New York Times: "Virgin is putting its biggest emphasis on its subscription service, rather than on selling songs one at a time for 99 cents a track as Apple and Microsoft do. It is betting that new customers will instead join its Virgin Music Club for a $7.99 monthly fee to listen to an unlimited amount of music from Virgin's one-million-track library on their computers. A premium subscription service that will allow those tracks to be moved to a portable music player, for a slightly higher monthly fee, will be offered soon."
Panther promo extended
Apple has extended its Add more life to your Mac promotion. Originally launched at Macworld New York and scheduled to end last Friday, the promotion offers $50 back via a mail-in rebate on the purchase of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther ($130) and iLife '04 ($50). The promotion also offers $80 back with the purchase the Family Pack versions of Mac OS X Panther ($200) and iLife '04 ($80).The Family Pack allows users to install the application/OS on up to five computers in your home. The promotion, which now ends January 10, 2005, ends on the same day as Macworld San Francisco 2005, leading to speculation that the show may bring announcements related to ship date of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger--which Apple had previously said was expected to "ship in the first half of 2005."
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...Plantronics Rig Surround 7.1 headset
Trying to capture the true soundscape of video games can be a daunting task. Looking to surround-sound home theater options, users hav ...
10 Most Discussed
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for auto downloads of 'Songs of Innocence' - 13 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- Microsoft smartwatch touted for launch within weeks, sale soon after - 11 replies
- New Mac mini not user-upgradeable, new analysis reveals - 11 replies
- 'One more thing' from Apple: Mac mini refresh - 11 replies
- Flight attendants sue FAA over in-flight device usage rules - 9 replies
- Apple unveils new Retina iMac, featuring 5K display - 9 replies
- Finnish Prime Minister partly blames Apple for economic troubles - 9 replies