Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Virgin digital music
VirginDigital.com on Monday will become the first major music retailer to enter the download music market and is expected to also launch a similar service in other countries starting with Britain in the future, according to The New York Times: "Virgin is putting its biggest emphasis on its subscription service, rather than on selling songs one at a time for 99 cents a track as Apple and Microsoft do. It is betting that new customers will instead join its Virgin Music Club for a $7.99 monthly fee to listen to an unlimited amount of music from Virgin's one-million-track library on their computers. A premium subscription service that will allow those tracks to be moved to a portable music player, for a slightly higher monthly fee, will be offered soon."
Panther promo extended
Apple has extended its Add more life to your Mac promotion. Originally launched at Macworld New York and scheduled to end last Friday, the promotion offers $50 back via a mail-in rebate on the purchase of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther ($130) and iLife '04 ($50). The promotion also offers $80 back with the purchase the Family Pack versions of Mac OS X Panther ($200) and iLife '04 ($80).The Family Pack allows users to install the application/OS on up to five computers in your home. The promotion, which now ends January 10, 2005, ends on the same day as Macworld San Francisco 2005, leading to speculation that the show may bring announcements related to ship date of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger--which Apple had previously said was expected to "ship in the first half of 2005."
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Perhaps you've already seen our review of the Dotti LED display from Witti Design. Meet Notti, Dotti's "sibling". Notti is a softb ...Seagate Personal Cloud (2-Bay)
When it comes to backing up files, many users are now looking to the myriad of cloud storage solutions available. There is no doubt th ...Leitz Icon Label Printer
When you say the words "label printer" to people, they either just really don't care, or they get incredibly excited. This is one o ...
10 Most Discussed
- Review: Alsoft DiskWarrior 5.0 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Opinion: Where is my Apple Watch? - 12 replies
- Researcher: MacKeeper software has critical security flaw - 11 replies
- First Look: Microsoft Surface 3 - 8 replies
- Oculus outlines Rift PC requirements, stops OS X, Linux development - 7 replies
- Microsoft reveals six versions of Windows 10 inbound this summer - 6 replies
- Apple, Leica working to resolve bug that could corrupt Photos library - 6 replies
- Review: FileMaker Pro 14 (OS X, iOS, Windows) - 5 replies
- Pointers: Make 'Hey Siri' work on Apple Watch - 5 replies
- Verizon, Sprint agree to pay $158M settlement with FCC over 'cramming' - 5 replies