Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Virgin digital music
VirginDigital.com on Monday will become the first major music retailer to enter the download music market and is expected to also launch a similar service in other countries starting with Britain in the future, according to The New York Times: "Virgin is putting its biggest emphasis on its subscription service, rather than on selling songs one at a time for 99 cents a track as Apple and Microsoft do. It is betting that new customers will instead join its Virgin Music Club for a $7.99 monthly fee to listen to an unlimited amount of music from Virgin's one-million-track library on their computers. A premium subscription service that will allow those tracks to be moved to a portable music player, for a slightly higher monthly fee, will be offered soon."
Panther promo extended
Apple has extended its Add more life to your Mac promotion. Originally launched at Macworld New York and scheduled to end last Friday, the promotion offers $50 back via a mail-in rebate on the purchase of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther ($130) and iLife '04 ($50). The promotion also offers $80 back with the purchase the Family Pack versions of Mac OS X Panther ($200) and iLife '04 ($80).The Family Pack allows users to install the application/OS on up to five computers in your home. The promotion, which now ends January 10, 2005, ends on the same day as Macworld San Francisco 2005, leading to speculation that the show may bring announcements related to ship date of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger--which Apple had previously said was expected to "ship in the first half of 2005."
STM is one of those companies that seems to fly under the radar when it comes to iPad accessories. They're better known for their ge ...Velodyne vBold headphones
Headphones make a statement. Whether the listener is an unabashed audio fiend or someone that cares more about the outer coolness than ...Snugg Robust Case for iPad Air
Snugg's Distressed Brown Leather Case was something of a pleasant surprise when I reviewed it last year. I didn't expect much at fi ...
10 Most Discussed
- Dropbox CEO: Steve Jobs wanted to buy us, tried to kill us - 15 replies
- One-off (Product) RED Mac Pro fetches $977,000 at auction - 13 replies
- Amazon, too, pokes at iPad Air in new Kindle Fire HDX ad - 9 replies
- Adobe drags feet on notifying data theft victims, millions at risk - 9 replies
- Apple updates plans for Union Square SF store, will preserve fountain - 8 replies
- Apple iPhone 5s versus Google Nexus 5 - 8 replies
- Nokia pokes Apple's iPad Air with derisive new ads for Lumia 2520 - 8 replies
- Carl Icahn files official shareholder proposal with Apple [u] - 8 replies
- 'Security reasons' keep Obama from having iPhone - 6 replies
- WD Black 2 Dual Drive combines SSD, HDD into non-hybrid format - 6 replies