updated 05:50 pm EDT, Wed September 22, 2004
Spamnix, Pooch, Tinderbox
- Pooch 1.5.5 updates the parallel-processing software for Macs. It adds "new technologies to access and run clusters behind firewalls. And it introduces support for using high-speed Myrinet hardware and the open-source LAM/MPI implementation." Pooch v1.5 is available for $175 for the first compute node then $125 for each node thereafter. Pooch Pro v1.5 is available for $200 for the first compute node then $150 for each node thereafter.
- Tinderbox 2.3 ($145) is an update to Eastgate's personal content management and outlining software that stores notes, ideas, and plans. Users can build relationships by arranging notes, organizing them with shape and color, linking them. It offers more than 80 improvements and enhancements, including better, more attractivetext, improved font rendering, better highlighting, border/gradients for mpas, new syntax searches, and more. [4.5MB]
- 4D Agenda 1.4 is a 4D plug-in that allows displaying calendar events in a day, week, and month view, dragging events to different locations within the calendar, creating calendars for multiple users, and querying to retrieve events. It adds full drag-and-drop support, 12/24 time, improved offscreen drawing, and dragging of new events. 4D Agenda is available for Mac OS X, Mac OS 9, and Windows with 4th Dimension 6.7 and later. [1.1MB]
- Chemika 2.0 (free) is a chemistry utility designed to help students learn the periodic table. Version 2.0 has an improved interface with a color coordinated table. [5.5MB]
- MovieEdit3D 0.92 ($10) lets you create a 3D scene showing multiple DV files moving and rotating through 3D space. It includes plugins that allow 3D warping or grid effects to be applied to any of the movies as well as allows users to export the final scene to a DV file (for iMovie import). It includes five bundled plugins: "wave, grid, nurbs test, multiple copies, and sphere." [720KB]