updated 04:00 pm EDT, Tue September 21, 2004
Yummy FTP, Tickershock...
- Tickershock ($20) is an interactive RSS and Atom news headline reader "inspired by the news crawls of 24-hour cable news channels." RSS an Atom are emerging news syndication formats for providing short summaries of Web site content. [Downoad - 938KB]
- FontCard 1.1 ($17) is the latest version of the 'haxie' that modifies the Font menu. This update os now "5 to 30 times faster at displaying font menus," works with Cocoa applications, works in BBEdit 8.0 and Carbon applications that use the font panel, and more. [Downoad - 1.3MB]
- EasyFind 3.3 (free) adds the user's favorite folders to the top of the directory pop-up menu.... WordService 2.5.2 features a revised French localization and now sorts lines case-insensitive... XMenu 1.3 lets the user name the menus, is slightly faster when resolving aliases and symbolic links, and does not prompt for user name and password when resolving aliases to servers and disk images. [Downoad - EasyFind, WordService, XMenu]
- SlimServer 5.3.0 is a free open-source utility for that "not only will it power Squeezebox, but it also serves the SLIMP3 network music player or any software MP3 player on your network." It can also stream music live over the Internet. The update adds a referrer check for settings pages. [Downoad - form]
- Deep Freeze ($270) for Mac OS X allows administrations to keep workstations standardized and secure. It restores the entire directory to its exact original configuration after a logout, restart, selected time interval, or on a selected day of the week. [Downoad - buy]