Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Deja Vu 3.0 for backups
Deja Vu 3.0 is a simple preference pane that offers a number of basic and advanced features for backing up data or entire volumes. Users can schedule unattended backups, clone any Mac OS X system disk (producing a bootable copy), manually start any backup process, incrementally backup only changed files, use network-based volumes, sync folders, and more. Version 3.0 adds the ability to automatically mount a remote volume before backing up, a new option to receive a prompt whenever a scheduled backup is about to begin, better error notification, view details of any in-progress action, and more. A single-user license is $25, while a household license is $35. Upgrades from v2.x are $10. It runs on Mac OS X 10.3 or later.
Managing Editor has announced the release of MultiBox Adobe InDesign CS and QuarkXPress 6.0. MultiBox automates the creation of complex boxed ads that contain multiple graphic and text elements within InDesign or QuarkXPress for Macintosh and Windows users. Used in conjunction with Page Director Ad Layout System (ALS), Classified Layout System (CLS), or Directory Layout System (DLS), MultiBox simplifies and automates complex parts of the production process for real estate guides, auto trader books, catalogs, directories, or any publication that contains a mixture of display ads and multiple-element ads. (Pricing not available.)
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Home theaters are becoming more and more accessible these days, but maybe you've been a bit wary about buying a home projector. And h ...MSI Geforce GTX 970 100ME
When Nvidia announced a new line of video cards in September 2014, many people thought things would continue to be business as usual i ...Wren V5US Wireless Sound System
If you're a music fanatic, chances are you are, by extension, a bit fanatical about what you listen to your music on. If you're like ...
10 Most Discussed
- MacNN Staffers: What made the Mac the choice for you? - 16 replies
- Swatch CEO outlines smartwatch plans, calls Apple Watch 'toy' - 14 replies
- Apple Music subscriptions kill ALAC playback on iOS - 13 replies
- Bad Apples: the worst Mac products ever - 10 replies
- Continued iTunes library testing: all is still not well, but improving - 9 replies
- My Stupid Fault: don't look back in anger - 8 replies
- Rumor Roundup: high resolution iPad in ad analytics, possible stylus - 8 replies
- Hands On: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 7 replies
- Survey: six weeks on, Apple Music shows good news, bad news [U] - 7 replies
- Apple releases Diversity Report, minority hiring up - 7 replies