Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Deja Vu 3.0 for backups
Deja Vu 3.0 is a simple preference pane that offers a number of basic and advanced features for backing up data or entire volumes. Users can schedule unattended backups, clone any Mac OS X system disk (producing a bootable copy), manually start any backup process, incrementally backup only changed files, use network-based volumes, sync folders, and more. Version 3.0 adds the ability to automatically mount a remote volume before backing up, a new option to receive a prompt whenever a scheduled backup is about to begin, better error notification, view details of any in-progress action, and more. A single-user license is $25, while a household license is $35. Upgrades from v2.x are $10. It runs on Mac OS X 10.3 or later.
Managing Editor has announced the release of MultiBox Adobe InDesign CS and QuarkXPress 6.0. MultiBox automates the creation of complex boxed ads that contain multiple graphic and text elements within InDesign or QuarkXPress for Macintosh and Windows users. Used in conjunction with Page Director Ad Layout System (ALS), Classified Layout System (CLS), or Directory Layout System (DLS), MultiBox simplifies and automates complex parts of the production process for real estate guides, auto trader books, catalogs, directories, or any publication that contains a mixture of display ads and multiple-element ads. (Pricing not available.)
USB thumb drives are getting larger by the day, their growth speeding along with the availability and expansion of memory chips. But h ...Autodesk Smoke 2015
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 22 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 15 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 13 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Prescheduled social media posts from Joan Rivers promote iPhone 6 - 11 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies