Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Deja Vu 3.0 for backups
Deja Vu 3.0 is a simple preference pane that offers a number of basic and advanced features for backing up data or entire volumes. Users can schedule unattended backups, clone any Mac OS X system disk (producing a bootable copy), manually start any backup process, incrementally backup only changed files, use network-based volumes, sync folders, and more. Version 3.0 adds the ability to automatically mount a remote volume before backing up, a new option to receive a prompt whenever a scheduled backup is about to begin, better error notification, view details of any in-progress action, and more. A single-user license is $25, while a household license is $35. Upgrades from v2.x are $10. It runs on Mac OS X 10.3 or later.
Managing Editor has announced the release of MultiBox Adobe InDesign CS and QuarkXPress 6.0. MultiBox automates the creation of complex boxed ads that contain multiple graphic and text elements within InDesign or QuarkXPress for Macintosh and Windows users. Used in conjunction with Page Director Ad Layout System (ALS), Classified Layout System (CLS), or Directory Layout System (DLS), MultiBox simplifies and automates complex parts of the production process for real estate guides, auto trader books, catalogs, directories, or any publication that contains a mixture of display ads and multiple-element ads. (Pricing not available.)
Five years ago, we thought that by the end of 2013 there'd be a bigger market for e-book readers. Then, along came the tablet that Jo ...Sans Digital TowerRAID TR8M6G eSATA array
Regardless of what Cupertino would like us to believe with the new cylindrical Mac Pro, there are needs for vast amounts of hard-drive ...iHome Bluetooth iB75 Wireless Sports Earphone
Finding a good pair of headphones for a midnight jog is hard. An over the ear set is either flopping around on your head, falling off, ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple signals end of Snow Leopard support with Safari snub? - 19 replies
- European Parliament to vote on single smartphone charger law - 16 replies
- New Android ioPhone mimics Apple's iPhone 5c style - 15 replies
- Rumor: Microsoft to take on iPad mini with 1080p Surface mini - 13 replies
- Apple debuts 90-second holiday TV ad, 'Misunderstood' - 10 replies
- Report: Apple's 64-bit A7 chip 'stunned' the chipmaking industry - 10 replies
- New York City building out free Wi-Fi network in portions of Harlem - 10 replies
- Politicians, tech giants promote 'Hour of Code' learning initiative - 7 replies
- Samsung attempts to silence YouTube complaint of Galaxy S4 fire, fails - 7 replies
- Apple's Tim Cook accepts award at Auburn, pushes for equality - 7 replies