Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Deja Vu 3.0 for backups
Deja Vu 3.0 is a simple preference pane that offers a number of basic and advanced features for backing up data or entire volumes. Users can schedule unattended backups, clone any Mac OS X system disk (producing a bootable copy), manually start any backup process, incrementally backup only changed files, use network-based volumes, sync folders, and more. Version 3.0 adds the ability to automatically mount a remote volume before backing up, a new option to receive a prompt whenever a scheduled backup is about to begin, better error notification, view details of any in-progress action, and more. A single-user license is $25, while a household license is $35. Upgrades from v2.x are $10. It runs on Mac OS X 10.3 or later.
Managing Editor has announced the release of MultiBox Adobe InDesign CS and QuarkXPress 6.0. MultiBox automates the creation of complex boxed ads that contain multiple graphic and text elements within InDesign or QuarkXPress for Macintosh and Windows users. Used in conjunction with Page Director Ad Layout System (ALS), Classified Layout System (CLS), or Directory Layout System (DLS), MultiBox simplifies and automates complex parts of the production process for real estate guides, auto trader books, catalogs, directories, or any publication that contains a mixture of display ads and multiple-element ads. (Pricing not available.)
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...Razer Kraken Pro headset
Gaming headphones are a challenge to get right, for a long list of reasons that are unique to the consumer buying them. Some shoppers ...Patriot Aero Wireless Mobile Drive
Regardless of how large a tablet you buy, you always want more space. There's always one more movie or another album you'd cram on, ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies
- Apple's iPad may pose risks for people with nickel allergies - 7 replies
- New iTunes 11.3 brings iTunes Extras for HD movies - 7 replies