updated 06:30 pm EDT, Tue September 7, 2004
VueScan, BackTrack, ...
- Barres II.0.0 ($30) is a major update to the barcode creation application that can generated UPC (12 digits), EAN13 (13 digits), and SCC14 (14 digits) as well as the JAN13 and ISBN-EAN formats. It is now "Carbonized" for native Mac OS X support and adds support for epsf (encapsuled PostScript), barcode scaling, and more. [648KB]
- VueScan 8.0.14 ($60) helps users easily produce better looking digital images from color snapshots, negatives, slides and documents. The update adds support for Epson 2480/2580, for 43 additional models of HP OfficeJet/PSC multi-function devices, and for the Plustek OpticFilm 7200 and Microtek i900 scanners; it also improves automatic White Balance. [2.0MB]
- BackTrack 1.2 ($15) brings Mac users a new level of safety by logging all text (except passwords) that is typed onto all windows in all applications. It creates a new log file for each day, tracking the application name, the window name, the date & time, and what you typed. It adds password protection, log file encryption, HTML-based logs, custom log file names, and optional automatic log-file purging. [877KB]
- Open Tuning 1.1 ($10) is a MIDI utility for Mac OS X offering to create MIDI and MIDI-based polyphonic instrument players (guitarist, bassist, violinist, etc) and the ability to play and explore an unlimited number of virtual open tunings without the need to retune the instrument each time. [2.4MB]
- CopyPaste-X 2.0.3 updates the popular multiple clipboard utility for Mac OS X. It offers multiple clipboards, popular text manipulation commands, the ability to save and browse previous clipboard contents, spell checking, calculator, broad file format support, contextual menus, and much more. It adds a new German dictionary, extends the English dictionary, and fixes several bugs. [6.9MB]