Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
New Apple, HP iPod TV ads
Both Apple and HP on Sunday evening aired iPod TV commericals during the MTV Video Music Awards. Apple's iPod/iTunes commerical, dubbed "Stereo Rock", was first featured in Steve Jobs' WWDC 2004 Keynote earlier this summer; it features the company's black sillouette dancers and "Walkie Talkie Man" by Steriogram. HP's new television ad for the 'Apple iPod by HP' also debuted during the primetime awards ceremony, as announced on Friday. According to readers, the commercial begins with a focus on the iPod's heirarchical menu ("You > Let > Musical > Worlds > Collide") followed by a diverse set of music scenes with a "colliding" music (i.e., the wrong genre for the setting). It closes with a voiceover: "You have all your favorite music living happily together in one place. Introducing the Apple iPod from HP. Your PC will never be the same again."
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 12 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- FCC petitioned by hotels to allow disrupting guest-created hotspots - 7 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Obama: Sony hack not act of war; Anonymous promises attacks on NK - 7 replies
- Apple rejects conclusions of BBC expose showing supply chain abuses - 6 replies
- CalDigit reveals $200 Thunderbolt Station 2 - 6 replies
- Ex-Apple engineer testifies on project to block non-iTunes clients [u] - 6 replies
- Apple to charge VAT per-country at European App Stores - 6 replies