updated 07:40 am EDT, Wed August 18, 2004
Apps: Process, OSXvnc
- ($25) is an outlining application that can seamlessly link projects with the elements needed to complete them. It offers a simple popup menu to link plans and schedules with project-specific resources such as web sites, PDF files and text documents. Documents stored elsewhere can be opened in Process, edited there and saved to their original sites without separately opening other applications.
- A Better Finder Rename 6.5 ($20) is a utility for easily and quickly renaming batches of files. Version 6.5 improves compatibility with remote and external file systems, as well as with Apple's FileVault mechanism. (The company has also added its own RSS feed.)
- Chicken of the VNC 2.0b1 a VNC client for Mac OS X, which allows one to display and interact with a remote computer screen. The software features automatic server discovery via Rendezvous, Keychain integration, an auto-scrolling full-screen mode, customizable connection profiles, and more.
- OSXvnc 1.4 (free) is a VNC server providing remote access to the GUI, keyboard and mouse using any VNC client. The new version adds Rendezvous support, Chicken of the VNC compatibility, and bug fixes.
- SafariSpeed 1.0 (free) removes a page loading delay built into Safari to substantially increase the speed at which pages are loaded. SafariSpeed works by removing the delay that Safari waits for before starting to load a page.
- ChemCalcsX 1.0 ($40) is a chemistry Q&A environment for mastering fundamental skills and processes essential to the understanding of chemistry calculations and concepts, such as naming elements, writing symbols, atomic/orbital construction, molecular formulas, balancing equations, equation solving, and stoichiometric calculations. It runs on Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later. [3.5MB]
- WPConvert 1.0 (free) is a utility for converting old Word Perfect documents (version 5.x) into text and HTML documents. The software functions as a wrapper around the command line utility wp2x, which is included in the application.