updated 07:30 am EDT, Tue August 10, 2004
- Oolite 1.2 (free) is a space sim game, incorporating trade, battles with pirates, bounty hunting, secret missions and more. It features high-quality sound and smooth, fast 3D graphics. Version 1.20 introduces much requested compatibility with Mac OS 10.2.8 (Jaguar) and also brings significant improvements to the simulation. [20.3MB]
- GrabbyWindow 2.5 ($36) offers a full-featured file browser for faster and easier access to files within layout and other applications. It features better control over files, displaying detailed images info such as measurements, resolution, color mode, sizes, compression, clipping paths as well as customizable image previews. [4MB]
- MenuCalendarClock is an upcoming product from both Objectpark Software and Peter Maurer that aims to "bring users the best of Menu Calendar and Calendarclock while keeping simplicity, elegance and usability." It will add a configure clock and a streamlined interface to the popular menubar-based calendar utility. A public beta is due next week.
- SoundHack 0.88 (free) is a soundfile processing program that "performs many utility and esoteric sound processing functions available nowhere else," including time-stretching or pitch-shifting with the phase vocoder or varispeed; spatialize with the binaural filter; cross-synthesis between two soundfiles; noise reduction, spectral expansion or compression with the spectral dynamics processor, and more. [Classic, OSX]
- MovieOut 1.3 ($15) takes your movies and streams them to a DV device such as a DV camera (with FireWire/i-Link). It can stream with most QuickTime-compatible formats/codec including DV & MPEG-4 and includes editing features as well as the ability to export to many other movie formats (i.e. AVI, MPEG-4, DV, etc.). It offers improved support for non DV movies. [1.2MB]