Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Apps: iChatUSB, SuperDuper
- iChatUSBCam 2.0 ($10) allows users with a USB-connected webcam to take advantage of iChat's video chat ability. The new version represents a significant rewrite, no longer requiring Unsanity's Application Enhance to function. More video adjustement settings and other additions are also included.
- NewsYouCanUse 2.7 ($15) is an RSS reader that resides in the menu bar, providing visual notification of updates and quick menu access to RSS feeds. Version 2.7 upgrades the preview panel, offering a complete HTML presentation of the feed, complete with embedded images, as well as other new features.
- SuperDuper! 1.3 ($20) is a disk duplication utility for Mac OS X that performs backup and clone operations quickly and easily. Version 1.3 adds many improvements, including: saved settings, automatic mounting of source and destination volumes and images, back-to-back backups, and many more enhancements.
- Steel 1.0 ($9) is a new password and personal information organizater with an iApp-like interface and encryption capabilities.
- SilverCreator 1.5 (free) is a game development system with a card-based interface that supports event-based scripting, full multimedia support, network support, and more. The software is capable of creating games for Classic 68K, Classic PPC, or Mac OS X. Version 1.5 adds many new features, detailed here.
Home automation fans have been getting their fair share of gadgets and accessories in the last few years. Starting with light bulbs, a ...Razer Kraken Pro headset
Gaming headphones are a challenge to get right, for a long list of reasons that are unique to the consumer buying them. Some shoppers ...Patriot Aero Wireless Mobile Drive
Regardless of how large a tablet you buy, you always want more space. There's always one more movie or another album you'd cram on, ...
10 Most Discussed
- House of Representatives passes municipal broadband-limiting bill - 23 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- Apple, IBM announce collaboration on big data, analytics apps [U] - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Apple now blocking older Flash Player plug-ins, citing security flaw - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies
- Apple's iPad may pose risks for people with nickel allergies - 7 replies
- New iTunes 11.3 brings iTunes Extras for HD movies - 7 replies