updated 01:15 pm EDT, Thu August 5, 2004
- Passenger 3.0b1 ($30) updates the system adminstration utility that offers functions for database text import, name concatenation, password generation, folder creation, export to other programs, account folder migration, and more. It includes a new interface, user-defined import/export presets, batch processing of permissions, duplicate checking against Open Directory, etc. [2.3MB]
- Ticketeer is a theatre management database geared "toward small and mid-sized performance theatres (1,000 seats or less). Designed with stability, ease of use and keeping your costs down in mind, Ticketeer keeps track of your patrons and shows with a minimum of fuss." Pricing starts at $2,500 CDN for a site license. [800KB]
- SampleTank 2 FREE is a special version of IK Multimedia's SampleTank 2 software plug-in that was designed to be able to read a select group of sounds. This combination of sounds and software can be used in your music with no polyphony restrictions. Offered as a "test drive" of the fully expandable SampleTank 2, the company says registered users will be notified every month of new free sounds, tutorials and special promotions.
- Print Selection Service 1.0 (free) adds a "Print Selection" command to the Services menu that allows you to print the current selection in any Services savvy application. It runs on Mac OS X 10.3 or later. [55KB]
- qXport 3.02 ($100) is converts Word files into QuarkXPress and InDesign CS files as well as exporting to simple XML or plain text. It attempts to retain the Word structures, while at the same time "cleaning up" the files. It adds faster conversion, Unicode support, integrated font replacement, parameter sets, batch processing, and more. [Classic, OSX]
- Math Stars 5.0 ($12) offers an entertaining and challenging collection of math games: "Students who answer all questions in a round within the allotted time earn a gold star in the Player Screen. After earning 10 gold stars, a student's name is placed in the Hall of Fame. Time limits from 3 sec. to unlimited are available." [Classic, OSX]