updated 07:55 pm EDT, Tue July 20, 2004
Slated, 4D 2003, QT button
- 4D 2003.4 is now available as a standard maintenance release for current 4D 2003 users with several improvements to ensure even better performance on both Mac OS X and Windows platforms. Current 4D 2003 owners can download the update free of charge.
- QT Speed Button Pack 1.0 ($35) is a collection of speed buttons that can be added to existing QuickTime movies. It allows users to view movies at various playback speeds between 0.1x and 3x--both forwards and backwards, allowing for slow motion and faster-than-realtime speeds. It also contains basic transport buttons to play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, repeat five seconds and to go to the beginning of the clip.
- DAQ Plot 9.5.1 is the latest version of the application used to view data from sensors and laboratory equipment with voltage connectors. The update adds control features along with real-time strip chart display. [Download - not available]
- DeskLapz 1.0 can animate the desktop with up-to-the-minute images of the beach, mountains, or even the Sun with real time-lapse webcam images. The downloadable version comes with three cameras unlocked; register with If Then Software for seven more cameras including Miami Beach and Bourbon Street. [Download - 557KB]
- LockSecret 1.0 ($13) is a batch-based file encryption/decryption utility, that processes multiple files. Locksecret can also create archives from one or more files as a convenient way to store or transmit encrypted files. It generates cross-platform compatible archives using the strong Blowfish encryption system with password, random, or file-based key generation. [Classic, OSX]
- HP Comm Killer 1.0 resolves HP's multi-function software problems, which one reader says "tends to 'hang' if you power off or disconnect the PSC device. Scanning then becomes impossible until you force-quit a particular HP app. Unfortunately, the app (HP Communications) is 'faceless'." [1.3MB]
- Verizon BroadbandAccess Support 1.0 supports the Express Network PC Card (PC 5220) in Mac OS X for use on the Verizon Wireless network. It requires an paid account with Verizon and the necessary PC card hardware. [200KB]