updated 05:15 am EDT, Wed July 7, 2004
SnapWeb, URL Manager Pro..
- URL Manager Pro 3.3 ($25) is a professional bookmark manager that offers system-wide access to bookmarks, global history between browsers, and import/export between browsers. Version 3.3 adds a new Search Bar, adds support for the new bookmark file formats of Camino 0.8 and Firefox 0.9, and allows LaunchBar and History Hound to index your URL Manager Pro bookmark files. [3.4MB]
- KnowledgeTank 1.2 ($20) updates the information management software with Journal functions, metadata support, and more. It supports simple version management, organizes information (categories, topics, and date) and can create templates for info entry. Version 1.2 supports Apple's WebKit, can bookmark URLs (saves metadata and attaches the page as a PDF file), and leverages advanced Google search features. [276KB]
- Tasks Pro 1.2 ($125/5-users) and Tasks 2.1 ($30) are new versions of Alex King's cross-platform, web-based task management/to-do list software. The new versions add additional localization support, a new custom RSS feed for upcoming and overdue tasks, and optional display of task's hierarchy in lists, RSS feeds, iCalendars and e-mail notifications. [Tasks Pro, Tasks]
- iStumbler 87 (free) is an open-source Mac OS X 10.3 tool for finding wireless networks and devices with an AirPort- or Bluetooth-equipped Macintosh. It offers a realtime display of signal strength and complete debugging information. Release 87 restores noise reporting for AirPort Extreme radios and also introduces the Bluetooth plugin which reports on bluetooth devices. [133KB]
- You Control:Fonts ($20) is a new software utility that lets you create a WYSIWYG font menu in Mac OS X. Users can create a custom font menu in the Mac OS X menu bar that displays fonts in their own typeface as well as grouped by font family. It supports both the new Cocoa-style applications as well as Carbon-based applications. It is $10 for owners of You Control or You Synchronize. [1.6MB]
- iTunes Watcher 2.5 (donationware) lets users automatically display up-to-date information about their music, including album art (using Amazon's Web API Token). It uses an AppleScript application to pass information from iTunes 4 to a MySQL 4/PHP 4 server. Version 2.5 brings an improved setup process, support for modules, and support for multiple templates. [339KB]