updated 04:00 pm EDT, Tue June 29, 2004
Apple has announced the winners if its . Apple recently made an open call to find five of the "most important, innovative and visionary" scientific research projects in the U.S. Apple is awarding the winners with "the powerful computational tools they need to expand the horizons of their exciting research."
The winners are:
- Dr. Deborah Dean, Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute
- Dr. Edward DeLong, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Dr. Christopher Lee, University of California, Los Angeles
- Dr. Simon Lin, Duke University
- Dr. Michael Newton, Dr. Douglas Bates, Dr. Sunduz Keles, Dr. Christina Kendziorski and Dr. Bret Larget, University of Wisconsin, Madison