updated 09:55 am EDT, Wed June 23, 2004
Agfa Monotype has added several to its online Fonts.com website, including FineFonts, PixieType, RJH Productions, Typebox, and Ultimate Symbol. The collections total over 100 new fonts: "This is an exceptional crop of Fonts.com releases," said Allan Haley, director of words and letters at Agfa Monotype. "From pixel-based screen fonts, to progressive display designs and practical image fonts, these new collections will satisfy many of our customer's existing needs while inspiring new solutions."
- Fine Fonts was formed in 2000 by longtime industry veterans, Michael Harvey
and Andy Benedek. Their work has led to seven new font products on Fonts.com
including Aesop, a graceful design based on a pen-drawn script, and Fine
Gothic, a blackletter typeface inspired by those of the 20th century
German designer, Rudolf Koch. Most of the seven FineFonts products are
available in Macintosh PostScript and Windows TrueType formats.
Individual fonts are available for $32 with the lone volume priced at $88.
- PixieType fonts are created primarily for on-screen usage in Flash,
Photoshop and other pixel-based applications. The pragmaticly-designed
Bossa and the futuristic Ellus families remain clear and legible
on-screen when used at their intended point size of eight. The 18 PixieType
fonts are available in Macintosh and Windows TrueType formats starting at
- RJH Productions was formed in Los Angeles by designer, Robert Howell.
Madness, a scribble-styled handwriting font and Roughedge, a design
created with a matchstick dipped in ink, have appeared in print and
broadcast campaigns worldwide. The two RJH products are available for
Macintosh and Windows platforms in various formats and are priced at $38 and
- Typebox describes its product line as "unusual but useful." It includes Lithium, a heavy, rounded, technology-inspired design, and Manifesto, an attention-grabbing headliner with squared condensed letterforms. The 38 Typebox products are available in Macintosh PostScript and TrueType formats. Individual fonts start at $32 with packages of two or more designs starting at $82.
- Ultimate Symbol offers a comprehensive and practical collection of picture
fonts. The handy USF Astronomy family features two collections of
artistic takes on the moon and zodiac signs. USF Highway USA includes
four sets of highway signs and symbols. The 73 Ultimate Symbol products are
available in Macintosh PostScript, Windows PostScript and Windows TrueType
formats. Prices for individual fonts start at $44 with families starting at