updated 12:20 am EDT, Fri June 11, 2004
- oXygen XML Editor 4.1 ($96) adds an XSLT Debugger in the Eclipse plugin and support for file system folders in projects as well as matching tag highlight and navigation, import of remote folders, and more. The editor offers a tree-based outliner, bookmarks, remote file access, smart editing/indenting, and search/replace functions. [14MB]
- Xpress Keyboards is a new series of software instruments fron NI combining the sound of three famous vintage keyboards, including the B4 XPRESS vintage organ, the PRO-53 XPRESS virtual analog synthesizer and the FM7 XPRESS digital FM synthesizer--derived from from NI's professional software instruments. Each is available for $50 or in a $90 bundle ($120 on CD).
- FastScripts 2.0 ($15) updates Red Sweater's utility for executing scripts on the Mac. Bill as a "supercharged" replacement for the AppleScript menu, it offers its own menubar item for executing scripts. Version 2.0 adds keyboard shortcuts, keyboard navigation, an improved interface, and a new preferences dialog. [415KB]
- Blades of Avernum 1.1 ($25) fixes a variety of minor bugs and enables play of scenarios made with the latest version of the editor in the fantasy role-playing adventure: "Play through four big, exciting adventures in the treacherous world of Avernum. Then download new, free scenarios on our web site, or get the power editor and make adventures of your own. [14MB]
- dataComet X 10.0.2 ($60) provides emulation of DEC VT100/220/320, IBM 3279/5250, and PC-ANSI/SCO-ANSI terminals, and features key mapping, macro support, scripting, customizable color maps, ZMODEM and IBM$FILE file transfers, and support for multinational character sets. It handles modem/serial port connections, telnet, tn3270, and local shell sessions. [form]
- Compost 1.1 ($5) is a shareware utility that enhances the Mac OS trash can, allowing users to specify the length of time that files are allowed to remain in the trash or the maximum size to which the trash is allowed to grow. Version 1.1 adds support for specifying the size limit as a percentage of volume size, support for per-volume preferences, and optional deletion of locked files. [76KB]
- Entourage Email Archive X 1.9 ($25) offers a new option to archive by email address, improves the deletion of processed (i.e., archived) emails, is built with Xcode 1.2, fixes a few bugs, and has been tested with the version of Mac OS X (10.3.4) with Office X. [784KB]