Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Safari for Windows?
Apple should leverage Safari to drive development of a standards based web, according to The Sydney Morning Herald: "Apple, along with KHTML, Opera and Mozilla, may have two or three years to innovate on the browser front, without any competition from Microsoft. And Apple might just have found the killer app to drive people to adopt a new, lightweight, fast, open source based, standards-compliant multi-platform browser - mainstream commercial online music. We can only hope to see Safari for Windows, and maybe other platforms. And with it thriving browser innovation based on the open standards of the World Wide web." Meanwhile, a review of Mac browsers says the Safari still leads the pack unless you need specific features offered by others.
Jobs receives $75M in 2003
Steve Jobs ranked at the top of California's highest-paid chief executives, despite earning only $1 in salary per year, according to The Los Angeles Times: "This year it was stock grants that put Jobs on top in The Times' annual survey of executive compensation at California's 100 largest publicly traded companies. His earnings for 2003: $74.75 million, thanks to Apple's decision to give him 5 million restricted shares of stock. Jobs also earns $1 a week, or $52 a year, as CEO of Pixar [and did not] receive substantial stock options or perks at Pixar...[Apple] reimbursed Jobs $403,766 for business use of the jet in 2003 [while] Pixar reimbursed Jobs $89,000 for jet use in 2002." [registration required]
When hitting the gym or going out for a trail run, headphones can cause a number of problems. From the ear buds getting slimy with swe ...Adesso Xtream S3B Bluetooth speaker
Finding a speaker purpose-built for a specific need is challenging. Even when a Bluetooth speaker can be paired with a mobile device, ...JBL Synchros E40BT headphones
For all the different configurations of headphones on the market, it's always a tough choice for buyers to get something that is just ...
10 Most Discussed
- OS X Yosemite public beta now available - 25 replies
- EU: Apple failing to make 'true cost of apps' clear on App Store [U] - 17 replies
- Several backdoors included on every iOS device, researcher says [U] - 15 replies
- Forums: SuperDuper vs. TimeMachine debate continues - 14 replies
- SEC: Apple bought back another $5 billion in stock in June quarter - 14 replies
- Sources call for Yosemite in late Oct., Retina MacBook, Mac with 4K - 11 replies
- Coalition of authors blames 'thuggish' Amazon for Hachette dispute - 10 replies
- Microsoft rolls out major update of OneNote for iPad, iPhone, Mac - 10 replies
- Snowden: Dropbox is 'hostile to privacy,' cloud needs zero knowledge - 9 replies
- Cook blames second quarterly drop in iPads on anticipation - 8 replies