Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Safari for Windows?
Apple should leverage Safari to drive development of a standards based web, according to The Sydney Morning Herald: "Apple, along with KHTML, Opera and Mozilla, may have two or three years to innovate on the browser front, without any competition from Microsoft. And Apple might just have found the killer app to drive people to adopt a new, lightweight, fast, open source based, standards-compliant multi-platform browser - mainstream commercial online music. We can only hope to see Safari for Windows, and maybe other platforms. And with it thriving browser innovation based on the open standards of the World Wide web." Meanwhile, a review of Mac browsers says the Safari still leads the pack unless you need specific features offered by others.
Jobs receives $75M in 2003
Steve Jobs ranked at the top of California's highest-paid chief executives, despite earning only $1 in salary per year, according to The Los Angeles Times: "This year it was stock grants that put Jobs on top in The Times' annual survey of executive compensation at California's 100 largest publicly traded companies. His earnings for 2003: $74.75 million, thanks to Apple's decision to give him 5 million restricted shares of stock. Jobs also earns $1 a week, or $52 a year, as CEO of Pixar [and did not] receive substantial stock options or perks at Pixar...[Apple] reimbursed Jobs $403,766 for business use of the jet in 2003 [while] Pixar reimbursed Jobs $89,000 for jet use in 2002." [registration required]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
If you're like us, chances are you've come to realize that you need the ability to access the Internet on the go. Also, you've prob ...15-inch MacBook Pro with Force Touch
Apple's 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro continues to be a popular notebook with professional users and prosumers looking for the ultimate ...Typo keyboard for iPad
Following numerous legal shenanigans between Typo -- a company founded in part by Ryan Seacrest -- and the clear object of his physica ...
10 Most Discussed
- Hands On: Microsoft Word 2016 (OS X) - 20 replies
- Editorial: whatever happened to 'It Just Works?' - 18 replies
- My Stupid Fault: iCloud vs local iPhone backups - 12 replies
- Follow-up: Dalrymple's iTunes issues largely fixed, patch coming - 12 replies
- Pointers: Taming the Applications folder with sub-folders - 11 replies
- Pointers: Tethering to your iPhone - 11 replies
- Cook on Apple Watch: no numbers, but recent claims wrong - 10 replies
- AT&T rails against $100 million FCC fine for misleading customers - 9 replies
- Senator Franken, Consumer Watchdog call for App Store investigation - 9 replies
- MacNN testing concludes on Samsung SSDs and Apple Trim implementation - 8 replies