Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Safari for Windows?
Apple should leverage Safari to drive development of a standards based web, according to The Sydney Morning Herald: "Apple, along with KHTML, Opera and Mozilla, may have two or three years to innovate on the browser front, without any competition from Microsoft. And Apple might just have found the killer app to drive people to adopt a new, lightweight, fast, open source based, standards-compliant multi-platform browser - mainstream commercial online music. We can only hope to see Safari for Windows, and maybe other platforms. And with it thriving browser innovation based on the open standards of the World Wide web." Meanwhile, a review of Mac browsers says the Safari still leads the pack unless you need specific features offered by others.
Jobs receives $75M in 2003
Steve Jobs ranked at the top of California's highest-paid chief executives, despite earning only $1 in salary per year, according to The Los Angeles Times: "This year it was stock grants that put Jobs on top in The Times' annual survey of executive compensation at California's 100 largest publicly traded companies. His earnings for 2003: $74.75 million, thanks to Apple's decision to give him 5 million restricted shares of stock. Jobs also earns $1 a week, or $52 a year, as CEO of Pixar [and did not] receive substantial stock options or perks at Pixar...[Apple] reimbursed Jobs $403,766 for business use of the jet in 2003 [while] Pixar reimbursed Jobs $89,000 for jet use in 2002." [registration required]
Connect with Us
Follow us on Facebook
Ultimately there's one thing we all want from smartphone accessories; we want options. When it comes to keeping our iPhone charged, w ...iHome iBT74 Color Changing Bluetooth Speaker
There's no reason why your tech can't look good while doing what it was designed to do. That's the reason that sports cars look goo ...Logitech Gaming Daedalus Prime Mouse
Logitech Gaming continues to expand upon its peripherals line, with each one looking to fit neatly into a breadth of gaming needs. Bui ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple Music launch cripples Home Sharing, alters iTunes Match - 17 replies
- Apple retracts App Store games with Confederate flag imagery [u] - 14 replies
- Apple Music, iOS 8.4 update are on the air; servers hammered [u] - 11 replies
- Classic Mac OS System 7.5.5 made to run on Apple Watch - 10 replies
- Comment: An independent artist's view on Apple Music - 9 replies
- Universal issues first full 'Steve Jobs' movie trailer - 9 replies
- Apple updates OS X to 10.10.4; includes networking, Mail, Photos fixes - 8 replies
- Hands On: iOS 9 Preview for iPad Air 2 - 8 replies
- Hands On: iTunes 12.2.0 (OS X) - 7 replies
- Editorial: Pardon? You don't like Apple Music? - 7 replies