Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Safari for Windows?
Apple should leverage Safari to drive development of a standards based web, according to The Sydney Morning Herald: "Apple, along with KHTML, Opera and Mozilla, may have two or three years to innovate on the browser front, without any competition from Microsoft. And Apple might just have found the killer app to drive people to adopt a new, lightweight, fast, open source based, standards-compliant multi-platform browser - mainstream commercial online music. We can only hope to see Safari for Windows, and maybe other platforms. And with it thriving browser innovation based on the open standards of the World Wide web." Meanwhile, a review of Mac browsers says the Safari still leads the pack unless you need specific features offered by others.
Jobs receives $75M in 2003
Steve Jobs ranked at the top of California's highest-paid chief executives, despite earning only $1 in salary per year, according to The Los Angeles Times: "This year it was stock grants that put Jobs on top in The Times' annual survey of executive compensation at California's 100 largest publicly traded companies. His earnings for 2003: $74.75 million, thanks to Apple's decision to give him 5 million restricted shares of stock. Jobs also earns $1 a week, or $52 a year, as CEO of Pixar [and did not] receive substantial stock options or perks at Pixar...[Apple] reimbursed Jobs $403,766 for business use of the jet in 2003 [while] Pixar reimbursed Jobs $89,000 for jet use in 2002." [registration required]
Since May of this year, Autodesk has been shipping the highly anticipated update to its high-end post-production video editing suite, ...Crucial MX100 256GB SATA-3 SSD
While the price-per-gigabyte ratio for magnetic platter-based hard drives can't be beat, the speed that a SSD brings to the table for ...Narrative Clip
With the advent of social media technology, people have been searching for new ways to share the events of their daily lives -- be it ...
10 Most Discussed
- Opinion: Is the Apple Watch a hit or a miss? - 24 replies
- Free iTunes U2 album now up to 'record-breaking' 33 million in 'sales' - 20 replies
- National Federation of the Blind sues Uber over refused rides, abuses - 14 replies
- Apple announces 4.7-, 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models - 13 replies
- Apple Watch debuts in three editions - 13 replies
- Apple event stream marred by serious technical problems - 12 replies
- Wozniak on the iPhone 6: 'I've gotten rid of my Android phones' - 12 replies
- Best Buy, Walmart decline to support Apple Pay - 11 replies
- Apple cagey about Watch battery life, working on improvements - 10 replies
- Shareholder files suit against Cook, executives over e-book collusion - 10 replies