Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Safari for Windows?
Apple should leverage Safari to drive development of a standards based web, according to The Sydney Morning Herald: "Apple, along with KHTML, Opera and Mozilla, may have two or three years to innovate on the browser front, without any competition from Microsoft. And Apple might just have found the killer app to drive people to adopt a new, lightweight, fast, open source based, standards-compliant multi-platform browser - mainstream commercial online music. We can only hope to see Safari for Windows, and maybe other platforms. And with it thriving browser innovation based on the open standards of the World Wide web." Meanwhile, a review of Mac browsers says the Safari still leads the pack unless you need specific features offered by others.
Jobs receives $75M in 2003
Steve Jobs ranked at the top of California's highest-paid chief executives, despite earning only $1 in salary per year, according to The Los Angeles Times: "This year it was stock grants that put Jobs on top in The Times' annual survey of executive compensation at California's 100 largest publicly traded companies. His earnings for 2003: $74.75 million, thanks to Apple's decision to give him 5 million restricted shares of stock. Jobs also earns $1 a week, or $52 a year, as CEO of Pixar [and did not] receive substantial stock options or perks at Pixar...[Apple] reimbursed Jobs $403,766 for business use of the jet in 2003 [while] Pixar reimbursed Jobs $89,000 for jet use in 2002." [registration required]
With over-the-top content options growing past Hulu and Netflix, consumers may be finding it harder to justify paying a monthly fee fo ...Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth speaker
There could very well be a new king of the hill for Bluetooth speakers, with Sound Blaster's recent entry into the marketplace. Bring ...Kenu Airframe Plus
Simple, stylish and effective, the Kenu Airframe + portable car mount is the latest addition to Kenu's lineup. Released earlier this ...
10 Most Discussed
- CurrentC CEO, COO field questions about data breach, Apple Pay block - 23 replies
- CVS throws in with Rite Aid, blocks Apple Pay and Google Wallet - 22 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out as gay in new essay - 17 replies
- Apple responds to CVS, Rite Aid blocking Apple Pay - 17 replies
- CurrentC payment system customer emails stolen - 14 replies
- Editorial: In defense of the new $499 Mac mini - 13 replies
- Obama signs BuySecure executive order to hasten US EMV adoption - 12 replies
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite formally released - 12 replies
- Amex web page promotes Apple Pay, adds directions for linking cards - 12 replies
- FBI director warns Apple, Google away from encrypting devices - 12 replies