Choose an article from the archive listing on this page or refine your selection using the controls in the gray box below.
Safari for Windows?
Apple should leverage Safari to drive development of a standards based web, according to The Sydney Morning Herald: "Apple, along with KHTML, Opera and Mozilla, may have two or three years to innovate on the browser front, without any competition from Microsoft. And Apple might just have found the killer app to drive people to adopt a new, lightweight, fast, open source based, standards-compliant multi-platform browser - mainstream commercial online music. We can only hope to see Safari for Windows, and maybe other platforms. And with it thriving browser innovation based on the open standards of the World Wide web." Meanwhile, a review of Mac browsers says the Safari still leads the pack unless you need specific features offered by others.
Jobs receives $75M in 2003
Steve Jobs ranked at the top of California's highest-paid chief executives, despite earning only $1 in salary per year, according to The Los Angeles Times: "This year it was stock grants that put Jobs on top in The Times' annual survey of executive compensation at California's 100 largest publicly traded companies. His earnings for 2003: $74.75 million, thanks to Apple's decision to give him 5 million restricted shares of stock. Jobs also earns $1 a week, or $52 a year, as CEO of Pixar [and did not] receive substantial stock options or perks at Pixar...[Apple] reimbursed Jobs $403,766 for business use of the jet in 2003 [while] Pixar reimbursed Jobs $89,000 for jet use in 2002." [registration required]
Looking for a pair of headphones that can do everything a user requires is a task that can take some study. Trying to decide on in-ear ...MaxUpgrades 512GB Retina MacBook Pro SSD
Apple's Retina line of MacBook Pro notebooks have been impressive, right from their debut in 2012. Thinner than the previous model, t ...Lemur BlueDriver
"Oh no, the check engine light is on…again! What one of the hundreds of reasons could it be this time? Probably going to cost a for ...
10 Most Discussed
- Apple pursuing 'aggressive expansion' in enterprise market - 15 replies
- Opinion: Senator Ted Cruz off the mark with net neutrality comments - 15 replies
- Spotify paid over $2B in royalties, CEO responds to Taylor Swift - 12 replies
- FCC chairman rejects President's call for Title II ISP regulation - 11 replies
- AT&T could shelve gigabit fiber investments over net neutrality rules - 10 replies
- First Look: Apple iMac with 5K Retina Display - 10 replies
- Apple must face lawsuit over iMessage's lost texts, says Judge Koh - 10 replies
- Exclusive Analysis: iOS app storage limits across range of devices - 9 replies
- President Obama voices support for Title II reclassification of ISPs - 9 replies
- GT says Apple pulled 'bait-and-switch' in newly unsealed documents - 8 replies