updated 07:50 am EDT, Wed June 2, 2004
XML2Title, LinkRenamer, ..
- LinkRenamer 1.0 ($200) is a Quark XTension that batch renames and automatically relinks picture links. "In just a few seconds, all picture links imported into a layout or document can be renamed with any custom naming scheme. LinkRenamer renames the actual picture files in the Finder and then updates the appropriate QuarkXPress links." [form]
- LiveDictionary 1.1.1 ($25) fixes a few bugs in the Safari extension (for Mac OS X 10.3) that adds fast, convenient dictionary lookups to the web: "point to a word with the mouse cursor, and its definition or translation appears in a popup window." Version 1.1 adds an English thesaurus, more Japanese dictionaries, etc. [11MB]
- A Better Finder Launcher 1.4 ($10) is a keyboard-based application launcher for Mac OS X that offers configurable indexing, instant listing of apps with "live filtering", full keyboard access, wildcard support, and more. Version 1.4 improves the preferences user interface, removes the nag-screen and has other bug fixes. [1.4MB]
- Cheetah3D 1.6 ($60) updates the 3D modeller and renderer for Mac OS X that offers tools from simple polygon editing over advanced subdivision modelling to boolean operations and Bezier splines. It adds updated documentation, .stl import/export, Mac OS X icon file export, a new shell polygon tool, a chain creator object, and more. [8.4MB]
- XML2Title 1.0 (45€) uses Final Cut Pro's XML features to easily create subtitles from either markers or scenes. "[It] extracts either the clip/scene names with comments or the markers with comments for those markers. XML2Title puts those values into a new fx track with a 'Lower 3rd' text fx for each clip or marker." [form]