updated 08:15 am EDT, Tue June 1, 2004
DAC, Netflix, Duality, ...
- Netflix Freak 1.2 ($15) is a full-featured application for managing a Netflix rental queue. It brings support for printing all rental queues, two new ways to rearrange your rental queue (cut and paste & renumber), synhcronization of star ratings in both directions with the Netflix website, improved rental history import, and more. [772KB]
- After Dark + Fish 1.01 ($10) is an update to the classic screen saver for Mac OS X that includes a new module called "Kaleidoscope" which displays moving patterns on the screen. Users can choose from seven patterns provided or select their own graphic files or photographs as well as playback music. [8.5MB]
- Grunge Vol.1 ($75) is the Optimistik Animation's second LiveFont package for Apple LiveType and Motion. It includes ten total fonts, which are "sure to work for any Gen-MTV project that your working on. Great for DV, film, print and web." A bundle of both "Handwritten Vol.1" and "Grunge Vol.1" is also available on a single DVD for $100.
- Duality 5.0b2 updates the theme software with new XTender technology. It also allows themes to be applied on a per-user basis, offers instant theme changing, has improved performance while switching themes, includes simplified theme management, can import of guiKit-based themes, and more. [680KB]
- Ciao 1.0 (free) screensaver for Mac OS X that logs the current user out after a period of inactivity. It offers options for a Normal logout (with an opportunity to save your work), Force logout (will kill active applications), and Fast switch (will bring the login panel to the front and keep the user logged in the the background). [29KB]
- Safari Prairiefire 0.9 is an application that scans for expired bookmarks. This version allows the user to edit, rename, and test bookmarks and links in "a way that is many times faster than doing the same things inside a web browser." [1.8MB]
- Black & Bleu 9.0 ($30) is an application that provides a comprehensive collection of Macintosh OS error codes (both Classic and OS X) with listings that also include a detailed explanation and solution suggestions. Version 9 adds 800 more error codes (for a total of 8,617 error codes), improved documentation under Mac OS X, a revamped architecture, etc. A "Pro" version is $130.
- Tag 1.0 ($20) is a new XHTML editor that offers functions for auto-completion, live preview, code styles for intelligent syntax coloring (built-in support for PHP, CSS, XHTML), snippets for storing commonly used code, line numbering, a color picker for hex conversion, instant search, regex support and more. [2.5MB]