updated 12:05 am EDT, Wed April 28, 2004
- ($50) is a Photoshop plugin that will add very natural and hyper realistic textures, including papers, canvases, woods, bricks, metal, sand, glass and an extensive collection of leathers. It includes over 200 super-realistic effects, can use any image as basic tile for a new surface, and can angle/adapt the surface to the overlay grain.
- RiddleMeThis 1.1.1 ($200) is a questionnaire development and deployment tool (developed on a Mac, of course) for creating and running questionnaire-based studies. Finished questionnaires can be deployed as standalone applications or via the web. Data gathered can easily be exported as a single text file ready for import into tools such as SPSS and Excel. [Classic, OSX]
- CheckBook 1.2 ($15) updates Splasm's solution for personal finance management. Features now include Scheduled Entries, Transfer Entries, Splits, the Interactive Balance, redesigned Preferences and Account Options, an updated interface, alternating row colors in Mac OS X 10.3,, several miscellaneous fixes, etc. [1.1MB]
- Welian NetDiagX 1.0 (free) is a network utility designed to detect problems within your network. It offers a IP searcher, which allows you to see who is online, connected to your router. The new update provides better stability, more features and an improved GUI, along with a 'Check for updates' feature. [908KB]
- QiPo, the QuickTime movie utility that creates image previews containing sequential frames of movies, has a new owner: Bebosoft, which which will continue the development of the application. A new version of QiPo is expected by the end of June 2004. Support request from current QiPo license owners should be directed to Bebosoft, Inc.
- VEENIX: Design & Type Tools 1.2 ($25) is a collection of 10 essential utility and tools for designers, illustrators, and other graphic professionals. It offers a WYSIWIG font list window, character set charts, font sampler sheets/slide shows, folding/imposition diagrams, pre-press checklist functions, ASCII chart, a color grabber tool, and more.
- PhotoExpress 1.1 ($5) shrinks digital photos from your camera as well includes functions for Effects (Sepia, Greyscale and Sharpen), brightnewss & contrast controls, the ability to rename multiple files quickly, PDF extraction functions for pulling images/pages from longer PDF files, other photo tools (rotate), and the ability to send coverted photos to the clipboard. [1.2MB]
- Cocktail 3.4.6 ($10) offers a significantly improved launch time (by about 50%), a new 'Log Out' option to Pilot (and halt all scheduled tasks), compatibility with Unsanity ShapeShifter, a new Commands (BSD General Commands Manual) reader, and other new features to Specifications. The general purpose utility for Mac OS X 10.2 or later offers dozens of maintenance tools and interface tweaks. [1.6MB]