updated 02:05 pm EDT, Wed April 28, 2004
- Bare Bones Software has released BBEdit 7.1.4, a free update to v7.x of its HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. BBEdit 7.1.4 is a maintenance release to fix reported issues and add interface enhancements and refinements. The full version is $180, while upgrades start at $50 for owners of previous versions. [13MB]
- "Masterpiece" ($15) is a new Keynote theme that includes both 800x600 and 1024x768 sizes. "Masterpiece resembles an artist's canvas, including special photo cutout master slides that appear to be "painted" on the canvas." It includes a total of 21 different master slides, 14 photo master slides, two free paintbrush graphics, plus a collection of title bars, custom bullets and chart fill patterns.
- SizzlingKeys4iTunes 1.03 (freeware) lets you play, pause, rate songs and more with hotkeys you define, using an incredibly intuitive Preference Pane plug-in. Version 1.03 adds a floating status window. [180KB]
- Easy Barcode Creator 1.7 ($130) generates ready-to-print vector EPS graphics for use in industry-standard products like Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. It supports industry standards, such as EAN, ISBN (Bookland EAN), UPC, I2of5 (ITF), Code 39, Code 128, EAN-13, UPC-A, and more. It runs on Mac OS 9/X. [1.4MB]
- midiO 1.01 is an Audio Unit plugin for GarageBand. It adds a modicum of MIDI out support to GarageBand. Version 1.01 fixes a small bug with MIDI loop detection. [634KB]
- VPN Tracker 2.2.7 brings compatibility with Asanté FriendlyNET VR2004 series, allowing Mac users to establish a secure virtual private network (VPN) connection to Asanté routers. VPN Tracker provides secure networking, by encrypting all insecure Internet, company or AirPort connections for Mac OS X 10.2 and 10.3. It enables secure sharing of files, emails and databases. Pricing starts at $90. [3.3MB]
- Switch To ($5) is a shareware Contextual Menu item that allows you to switch to another running application simply by right-clicking your mouse (or control-clicking if you have a one-button mouse), and then picking a new application from a list of the currently running applications. It requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later. [185KB]